How do I make an Asana Calendar viewable to the public?

We have an organization-wide Master Calendar in Asana that we would like to pull into our intranet. We followed the instructions located here to sync to a Google Calendar, but when we pull it onto our Wordpress Intranet site, none of the events are displayed because the tasks are locked down within our organization in Asana. How do we get these tasks/events to be displayed on our Intranet?

The Intranet itself will be locked down to users only in our own organization, so we don’t really want to share the events with the world, but we want them to display on the intranet website.

Any ideas?

I am surprised, I would believe that once you sync that calendar with Google Calendar, you would be able to give access to that calendar to anyone. Don’t you? :thinking: Maybe @Julien_RENAUD you have some idea?

We thought so, too. The calendar in Google is public, so anyone should be able to see it, but since the events are linked to Asana (it’s a feed, not a copy), then they aren’t visible due to permissions (I assume).

@Marie can you confirm that is the case?

Hi all,

It is indeed possible to sync your project with Google, but although you can link you Google Calendar to your Wordpress Intranet site, Asana tasks won’t carry over in your Intranet site.

I’m not a Wordpress expert, but you may be able to connect it with your Asana using Zapier or another 3rd party integration?

1 Like

@Marie will using a zap actually show tasks to our entire team?

Here’s a visual of what we want to do.

Hey,

Asana tasks are synced by adding a new calendar to your own. Meaning, the events are not shared because it’s a separate calendar. It’s not an Asana-issue, but rather a Google function.
I guess your goal is to add several Asana-users tasks into one calendar, which still would create different calendars shared within your own (or the calendar used.

I don’t quite follow your integration with Zapier there, @Peter_Turgeon.

There’s a few ways to do it, and Zapier could definitely be used.

1. Sync all Asana boards to one main calendar.
  2. Add each of those specific Asana event calendars to Zapier
  3. Sync to a collaborate calendar to collect all tasks in one place.

-or-

1. Same as above
  2. Add event emails (remember to include full day events)
  3. Have Zapier trigger on the e-mails and create calendar events from that.

I don’t quite see the point of this, but I’m sure you have your reasons.
The calendar tool or report function within Asana could achieve similar results.

These are the different calendars I’m currently using, each one having their own sharing settings and unique ID’s.

Alternatively, find a better way to integrate Google Calendar to your site, where you can choose which calendars to displays (that the account has access to).

Let me know if anything was unclear.

All the best
/A