How do I get my TaskList Cleaned and organized?

How can I best clean up my Task List without getting lost in the weeds of moving/updating each task all at one time?
I’ve used Asana off and on for a few years, and now I want to get serious about it. My Daily Tasks is not something I’ve used before. And, as a result, the list is out-of-control. It contains items:

1. forwarded by email,
  2. various projects that started online with Asana and were then moved offline
  3. projects abandoned or not followed up on
  4. tasks that still need to be done but the date is past-due and now needs to be updated.
    How can I best clean up my Tasklist without getting lost in the weeds of moving/updating each task all at one time?

Thanks, Craig

Hi @CraigECarroll and welcome back :wave:t3:

If you haven’t yet, I would recommend checking out our Guide article dedicated to My Tasks as it contains a few tips to keep this space organised.

@Bastien_Siebman, one of our Certified Pro wrote a useful article on this question, you can find it here: [Asana] Bottom-up, and repeat #task #clean | by Bastien Siebman | Asana / minimalist work | Medium

The best way I found to stay organized in My Tasks is to sort every morning tasks that were assigned to me while I was away. I usually only work Today’s tasks and keep the upcoming section open so I can quickly re-adjust due dates if I’m ahead or behind my schedule.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes