How do I get a list of the projects I'm a member of?

If there are a 100 projects and I’m a member of 15, how can I a list the one’s I’m a member of?

4 Likes

Hi @Terry_Schilousky. I recommend that you take the following steps to view the projects you’re a member of:

• Click into the search bar and select advanced search

• Enter your name next to “followed by” and click search

• Sort the results by Project

• You’ll see a list of project headers with tasks underneath. Scroll down to see all the project headers and thus all the projects you belong to. Or for an easier viewing experience just click the carrot on the left beside each project header to minimize the tasks and only view your list of projects.

Hi Alexis,

Thank you for the response. I just tried it out, but it doesn’t include the projects I’m a member of without any tasks assigned to me.

Terry Schilousky

4 Likes

Thanks for following up, @Terry_Schilousky.

Another way you could do this would be to use the API, and we have a great explorer tool available if you’re not as familiar working with APIs. If you navigate to Build an app with Asana you can use the Resource for GET /workpsaces/:workspace/projects to pull a list of projects that you’re a member of by inputting another parameter for “Members” and then set the value to your member ID. You can see the fields I included for this search here:

Let us know if this finds what you’re looking for :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kaitie,

I’m trying the Asana API Explorer as you suggested but the extra parameter doesn’t seem to be limiting the list to only projects that I’m a member of.

Terry

Kaitie,

It doesn’t seem to filter the results for my ID.

In the picture below it shows one project I’m a member of plus two projects I’m not a member of:

What I’m I doing wrong?

Terry

Also requested this months ago. How strange it is that there’s no simple wat to list this. ( happy with Asana but this remakns a bummer)

I’m going to move this thread over to our developer category and enlist my API-expert colleague, @Matt_Bramlage to provide some guidance. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s not currently possible to filter projects based on memberships in the API. I’ve provided this feedback to our API team. I know we plan to add more filtering options in the future.

As of now, the API can filter projects based on workspace, team, and archived:

1 Like

Thank you for the reply.

@Kaitie unfortunately Jeff is right - passing the members to getting projects through the API does… nothing - doesn’t raise an error, nor does it filter the results :frowning: Our API team lead Marco is working through what a better solution might look like, so there’s hope for the future!

1 Like

The same for us here. I’d like to cycle through projects together with the projecowner and now I have to log-in to his/her Asana to see the view/overview. Very inconvenient eand inefficient

also: Show me a list of projects XYZ is the owner of ( or have tree-like view in the left pane to do so)

Like Asana Though :wink:

2 Likes

+1 for this issue. In general, Asana could offer some more ways to get a good overview of projects (besides the dashboard). It’s very easy and effortless to create your own overview/report as long as it only includes tasks and conversations. To be honest, the issue is more of an annoyance than a problem, which would make me want to find a solution via API or third party integration. So far, it wasn’t worth the effort, plus I figured Asana will probably add some sort of solution at some point.

I know y’all can’t say anything about the product’s roadmap @Alexis, but it would be great, if the extended organization of projects could become part of the roadmap some day. I will enjoy the surprise for sure :wink:

3 Likes

@Jeff_Schneider @Matt_Bramlage as of today, can you confirm there is no solution in the API rather than looping through every single project?

Would love to check in on this as well.

Hoping that 3 years later this is actually in progress. Not being able to list the projects I am leading does not make this platform easy to navigate. Having to go team by team, project by project is very inefficient. You would think a project management tool would allow you to manage your projects quickly and effortlessly… Any updates on getting this filtering option up and running?

1 Like

Not that we know of…

Any chance this has been worked on? I need to view and preferably export a list of all projects for my company. Seems like a simple .csv export should be available. That has to be the same source data used when creating charts.
We can view a bar graph of all projects, but not a list? Maybe I’m missing something. This seems very basic.

Welcome, @Matt_Stacy,

That’s now possible because Projects is a tab in search results, and search parameters like Collaborators translates to Project Members and Assignee to Project Owner.

So you can do this:

And see this result:

Larry

2 Likes

Very good use of the latest update allowing for project search.

1 Like