How do I disable a "Consider updating your project progress" recurring task?

I’d like to disable the weekly task to “Consider updating your project progress” that is generated automatically by Asana. Deleting or completing the tasks doesn’t stop these from being created.

From reading some older community documentation (Consider updating your project progress - #6 by Jon_Selden, it seems like I need to click on “Progress” panel on the project itself — but I don’t seem to have this option anymore. It seems to have been removed?

Any help turning off this reminder would be helpful, thx!

Hi @Alex_Bean1, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

You should be able to go into the recurring task and remove the due date entirely by clicking the X symbol. This should stop it from recurring as originally setup.

Please let me know if this works for you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You need to go into the project, go like you were gonna update the status, and at the top there is a toggle that says “Remind me every Friday to update the status”.

Does that help?

3 Likes

Thanks @Bastien_Siebman — for some reason, I do not see this option anywhere:

“Remind me every Friday to update the status.”

I remember there was a “Progress” tab, which is no longer there either… I’ve search all around the status update area and cannot find the place to toggle this reminder setting.

(@Rebecca_McGrath — deleting the date on this reminder did not work for me, I see the reminder again every Friday)

It is now located at the top of the status update window. You need to act like you were going to publish an update. And you need to be the owner of the project to see the toggle.

1 Like

Great - I found it!

You are correct @Bastien_Siebman, here is what I did as the owner of the project:

1. Navigate to the project with the reminder
  2. Click on the “Overview” tab at the top
  3. In the side-panel, click one of the status buttons as if you were posting an update, e.g. “On track”
  4. At the top you will see the toggle to “Remind me to update every Friday” — it will be blue if it is activated. Toggle this off and it will turn grey.
  5. You can back out of the status update and (hopefully) the setting will be set.

Thanks for the assist here! :grinning:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.