How do I delete a column or row from a table in Asana

Hi, I’m getting started with Asana and playing with the built-in tables that can be added to Asana projects, tasks, etc. When I click in a table, I see options to insert new rows, and columns, but not to remove a row or column that’s already there. Is there a way to do this?

1 Like

Hi @Jonathan_Healy and welcome to the Asana Forum :raised_hands:!

To remove columns, just hover over the title of the column, click on the small arrow and then on «hide column». If you want to add this column back again, click on customize in the top right corner of your table and then add the colums you want (or create new ones!). See following screenshots.

To delete rows you could either just delete the task (as a row is representing a task) or delete all the text within the column with your backspace-key untill everything is gone and your last tap on the backspace-key will also erase the row.

I hope this helps. Have fun discovering Asana!

Cheers
Daniel

2 Likes

Actually from the posted screenshot, it looks like @Jonathan_Healy is referring to the tables that can now be inserted into project briefs. (@Jonathan_Healy you mention tasks but I’m not aware of any similar functionality to add a table to a task description.)

It’s a good question you ask; I can’t find any way to delete a column or row from one of those tables.

@Emily_Roman @Rebecca_McGrath are we missing something and there is a way to do that?

2 Likes

@Phil_Seeman you are right. Sorry @Jonathan_Healy - it seems I missunderstood your question. So here we go:

To delete a column you have to select the whole column (drag your mouse over it) then in the summary bar at the bottom it will say «1 column selected» (you can also select more than one) and you have the trash-icon to delete the column. Same process to delete rows. See screenshot below.

4 Likes

Excellent, @Daniel_Frischknecht , thanks! I assumed it would be something like that but for some reason (operator error) I couldn’t select a whole row or column. Of course when I just went back to try it now, it works just as you describe…

4 Likes

@Phil_Seeman and @Daniel_Frischknecht thanks for the clarification, that was indeed my question. For whatever reason I didn’t find this on my own, but I see it now. Thanks again!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 9 days. New replies are no longer allowed.