How do I access Asana from my iPad without using the App?

thx bro you just saved me

It is absolutely useless - the the point I would leave asana if. I could not access it through the browser.

1 Like

It’s impossible to access Asana from a mobile browser. Unbelievable.

1 Like

It’s possible. Select desktop version on any browser to view.

2 Likes

Look at Joe_Thomas post above, May '17

That doesn’t work for me. Mobile Safari says the browser is not up to date after logging in and Firefox (desktop version) takes me straight to the app after entering my log in credentials. Any other idea?

No action shown by Asana on this issue in over 2.5 years!!!

The iPad Pro app is not allowing some core features that I need to use daily. It is extremely clunky to keep on asking for the Desktop version of the browser, as it forces the switch to the app even before logging in.

Come on, Asana! We need this

4 Likes

You have to uninstall the native iOS Asana app in order to use the web app version of Asana. You’ll have to set your browser to Desktop mode to get the full app. If you don’t delete the native app, as you noticed, the Asana website forces you into the half-featured iPad/iPhone app and won’t load the desktop web app.

This drives me crazy . I have an iPad Pro. I had to have a tablet for Reasons and the iPad Pro mostly operates like a slightly crappy laptop, mostly due to the fact that all of its software is iPhone apps that aren’t designed for large screens, keyboards, etc. Google and Microsoft office apps have this problem too. The ipad apps are so attenuated vs the browser apps, and Google also forces you into its native iOS Docs / Sheets / Slides, which are designed for light review and text-editing on an iPhone — not a fullscreen ipad with keyboard. Same solution; uninstall the native iOS apps and you can use the full-featured browser version.

If you don’t have the capacity for a really good native iPad app, then for pity’s sake, if I go to the trouble to open Asana in my browser, don’t force me into the app!

4 Likes

Solution for ios (also for ipad?) without uninstalling the app… (a variation on what Joe Thomas originally published)

1. On your phone, open Safari > Go to app.asana.com
  2. Log in - yes this will redirect to the app but at least now you’re “logged in”
  3. Go back to Safari and go again to app.asana.com
  4. It’ll show you the blue woman on the bus pic w/button to “Open in the Asana app”
  5. Now, tap the Safari’s aA icon at top left and choose “Request Desktop Website”

ONLY DO THAT ONCE? YES!

1. Tap the aA again and select “Website Settings”
  2. Turn on ‘Request Desktop Website’ (while viewing app.asana.com)

It’s a little tricky to navigate the website, even from my larger iphone XS screen, so few tips:

A. ***You’ll need to work with left sidebar collapsed to see the whole screen - sometimes can’t swipe left to get to the right side of the page (dashboard, task info…) - only open it for navigation (or used search)
B. Turn the phone 90 degrees to see longer lines
C. Use the same aA icon from instructions above to make the size larger (good thing that only applies to that specific Safari page)

Other tips for using the website version on mobile…?

8 Likes

For what it’s worth Karen, this still doesn’t seem to work on iPads. If the app is there, it doesn’t give you the option not to use it.

2 Likes

Bummer! It worked for me. I wonder what’s different… :thinking:

Same for me. Forces me to use the app. Deleted the app and tries to download the app. Request desktop site doesn’t work. iPad Pro w/chrome

Forced app installed is absolute nonsense. Did anyone from Asana respond? There’s a lot of people in this forum. Agree^ with whoever said Asana is a to-do list without desktop site on mobile. I don’t care how they think it will load. It’s 2023. People want options. Get with it.

You saved me! Thanks

If you delete the app, it doesn’t.

1 Like

Yes, it is really unfortunate that the iPad app is so clunky. It makes me wish our company didn’t use Asana for an app that were more iPad OS friendly.

I hope that Asana will have a real App soon or to be able to use the webpage like a web app on MacOS

@Marie is there any possibility of seeing a new Asana app for the iPad that offers a full-screen experience similar to the web page? This issue has been persistent for quite some time, and an update would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Hello @François-Xavier :wave: I don’t have an update on this topic, but I’ll raise it again with our product team!

2 Likes

Another “vote” for either having a full - fledged iPad app or ability to access via a browser (safari, chrome, edge, whatever).