How do continue championing Asana post-onboarding?

How does your team continue to build enthusiasm and buy-in for your processes in Asana? Do you have a dedicated Asana champion in your office? How do you inform users of new features when Asana rolls them out?

For instance, last week I sent out an email to all of our Asana users with three sections:

• New Features Update (highlighted new Asana features: scheduling project dates, toolbar & UI changes, & sharing your portfolio)
  • Shout Out (a shout-out to an employee who has done something really good in Asana or tried something new)
  • Work Methodology (linked to the Asana blog post about the Nonprofit Technology Conference)

I’d love to hear how you communicate with your teams.

2 Likes

Good idea @Crystal_Alifanow.
I specifically like the second itme (Shout out), but I’m curious to learn how you collect these data?

On my side, I do not send that much message to the users, but I do speak a lot in the corridors and during the lunch :slight_smile:

I’ve also created a team called ASANA GLOBAL, where all of my users are (we are now 150!) and I post some conversation when it comes to additional training sessions availability or some tricks.

Regards
@Sebastien_Levesque

3 Likes

Hi @Crystal_Alifanow and @Sebastien_Levesque

In other posts I gave some advices from my experience, maybe you can find some ideas:

As mentionned at n°4, we have created a global team as you did @Sebastien_Levesque. Today we just use it to make sure everyone has access to a quick training project, but we don’t use it to send communications. IT guys communicate regularly on all the tools, and we can’t send seperate info just for Asana.

To make people adopt Asana, you can also show them that you can do many more things than just following projects, for instance:

4 Likes

We have a small team. Only 15 people. I suppose that’s an advantage for being able to easily monitor how others are utilizing the system.
On the down side though it’s harder to get people to adopt Asana. There’s not much “peer pressure” to use Asana and emails are necessary for these updates because if I create a wiki board no one will proactively seek it out and look at the new content.

@Julien_RENAUD great information. So when you want to make sure your teams are aware of new features in Asana that may affect processes or enhance usage, do you rely on your mentors sharing that information via the wiki board project?

Yes and no :wink:

Yes I rely on my mentors sharing information. I have a special team with them in Asana and we discuss the changes in that team, or during a meeting, and then they’re supposed to accompany their colleagues locally. Honestly it’s not obvious on some sites because not all mentors play the game perfectly…

No we don’t use the wiki to share info about Asana. As used in my company, we share in the wiki common info for eveybody about everything: website for hotel booking, other useful websites, a presentation of the company, … in brief many things that we often need, but before the wiki they were scattered everywhere and we do not remember when we need it, now we have gathered everything in one place :slight_smile:

Your 15 colleagues all need to use Asana? Some of them are reluctant?

Hi!
We have a small team here, only 10 people. As we use slack, when I hear about any new feature, I share with the team.
There are 3 people on the team who are enthusiastics (I’m included) and we usually try the new features and share with the team and tell how we can improve our projects with them.

Regards

1 Like