Weekly calendar views for projects please

Please, can you add a weekly and daily calendar view option? if there are more than 3-4 entries per day it gets very messy with the monthly view… Also its nice to arrange ones week with a weekly view (similar to Trello, Google Calendar, etc). Thanks!

33 Likes

This is something that I would really like to see.

Along with this, I would love the ability to really schedule tasks in the calendar, rather than just set due dates/times. So, a daily view, start time, and duration.

10 Likes

Yes definitely agree with daily and weekly views!

btw, does anyone know how to get rid of the complted tasks from the calendar view?

5 Likes

https://forum.asana.com/t/more-calendar-view-options-feature-request/2151

4 Likes

Any plans to implement an hourly view (either daily or weekly)?

Tasks already have a start and end time available. I’ve considered building this as a Chrome extension, but I don’t want to spend time on something that’s already in the works.

10 Likes

Side note, do you have a product roadmap available for features that you are working on?

5 Likes

Would also love a weekly view! Not necessarily based on hours, just the possibility to see 5-7 columns full screen with tasks for each day (kanban style). It would be much cleaner and let to actually manage the project from the calendar view.

I use monthly view in my gcalendar only once a week mainly for quick review if something important is coming up. But day-to-day management in that view would be reeeealy hard.

4 Likes

Same here - using Asana for our team where each client has it’s own project. Would love to have a TEAM view that we can use as a dashboard for our office to G.S.D. each day!

I would really like something like this in Asana.

Also, the current calendar lacks the ability to put tasks in a certain order each day easily, which is a huge shame. There is no way to reorganise your day by times tasks start or are due, or manually order them, unless you take all tasks out of the day and put them all back in from last to first.

4 Likes

i think it is really a must to have these views! with print options too

I agree, this is the one thing that has prevented me from fully investing in Asana. I want to be able to get a table view that shows me my upcoming week.

I sort by Team and Project then view tasks by day of the week.

2 Likes

This would be so great for planning. Did you do release that chrome extension?

No, I haven’t even began working on it nor plan to anytime soon.

Hello,

Just some feedback for developers. I have been researching for 3 days now trying to figure out how to get the weekly view in the Calendar mode and have found absolutely nothing. It looks like it used to be a feature but now isn’t there. I have Premium through my work. Please put the week view (date range) back as an option. It is much easier to look at the week than the month especially as someone who has a lot of tasks to complete. I only want to see what is going on this week.

#productfeedback

4 Likes

(Hi @Ben_Essells, FYI I moved this to the Product Feedback section as the Developers & API section is for 3rd party developers, not Asana’s own developers.)

2 Likes

Thank you, Phil

Hi @Ben_Essells and welcome to the Asana Community Forum!

Apologies for the trouble there; you’re completely right, as it stands, it is not possible to get a weekly view in your calendar. We actually already have a #productfeedback thread on this topic, so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with this existing thread to gather all feedback on this topic in one place; hope that’s ok!

In the meantime, you could potentially use the Timeline to visualize your work for the following week; here is more info on Timeline and how to zoom in/out to adjust your view: Timeline View in Asana | Product Help Center • Asana Product Guide

1 Like

Just to summarize calendar reality for any newcomers: Calendar views (for a team or a project or My Tasks) are inflexible, can be displayed on a monthly basis only, with no filtering, even for closed tasks. For my huge monitor at comfortable resolution, I can see at most 4 tasks per day (Asana chooses which), and the rest are collapsed. It’s barely useable even for 1 person and breaks down for a project or team of any size.

2 Likes

What you said @Stephanie_Oberg, is unfortunately true. What can we do, that’s Asana team decision, maybe they will release better calendar, but I doubt that it will be available on free plan (which I’m using). Asana is a misterious tool, is excells in some parts, so flexible and usable… and totaly rigid in some other parts. Well, you can’t make everybody happy, I guess… There is no perfect tool… unless you are developer and you make one for yourself :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please do something Asana! Seems like a barrier to many and for me, its my primary view but also incredibly frustrating.

5 Likes