Hiding team picture icons in navigation menu

Hi! Is there a way to hide the rows of pictures of team members on the left sidebar?

I’m brand new to Asana and getting it set up for my business, of which I’m the only employee. I was setting up teams for various categories of things such as Online Shop, Equipment Maintenance, etc. with projects related to those under each “team”. I like how that keeps things organized (though maybe other solo users can advise on a better way), but I end up seeing all these rows of blank circles I don’t care about that clutter my left-hand navigation.

Hi @Whitney_Sheehan and welcome to the Asana Forum! As it stands, it is not possible to hide the blank profile icon in your left sidebar. I have moved your post to the #productfeedback category to allow you and other Forum members vote for this feature.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with!

1 Like

I am a GTD user and have am starting to migrate my personal setup from Todoist to Asana, where my company organizes its projects. I created a team for just me and set it to private for my personal projects, including Capture (the GTD Inbox). There will never be anyone else on this team, and I’d love to be able to get rid of the portraits for that project.

Any way to do that? If not, I’d like to request this feature be added to future updates.

Screenshot 2021-01-18 152856

The tool does not have such a feature but you can use a Chrome extension to customize the CSS of the app (although this is unofficial and not officially supported obviously).

I can help write the CSS if needed.

1 Like

Hi @Alex_Herder, welcome to the Asana Community Forum and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us! It’s currently not possible to hide the team portraits icons in the sidebar. We already have a thread in our #productfeedback category on this topic so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with Hiding team picture icons in navigation menu to centralize feedback!

1 Like

That feels like overkill as it’s really just an aesthetic preference, but thank you for the quick reply and solution proposal! I see your posts all over the forum and am grateful for the time you’ve put into helping all of us get the most out of Asana.

1 Like

Thanks Emily for keeping us organized!

1 Like

It is a setup once, enjoy everyday kind of solution :slight_smile:

I have a doppleganger that does not have a life and has Asana as a passion, weird guy.

1 Like

Anything that can be done to clean up the Asana navigation panel on the left would be greatly appreciated! Our company has several branches/brands, which are divided up amongst the Asana ‘teams’… Many of us are in multiple projects, so it is not necessary for me to see the profile icons in my navigation panel and I find that it makes the panel very hard to read/find projects underneath separate teams. Perhaps there could just be a solid bold line drawn underneath the team name rather than profile icons? Having the option to remove would be greatly appreciated!!

I could code some custom design you can apply with a Chrome extension if needed, let me know.

As a solopreneur, I too would love to be able to hide the team member icons and ‘Invite People’ link under each Team. Any progress on this?

@Erin_Rupp to be honest I don’t believe that will ever be available. Asana is about team work and wants you to invite others to collaborate. Anything that would make it easier for someone to work on their own is probably not considered…
You can customise the interface using Chrome extensions like Stylebot and write some CSS.

1 Like