Hiding team member subtasks from Google Calendar sync

I just synced my Asana task calendar with my Google calendar, and I now have my co-workers’ subtasks showing up on my Google calendar, even though I am not assigned to those subtasks.

For example, I have a blog post schedule on my task calendar. I assign some of those posts to another writer as a subtask. When she completes writing them, her subtask is marked complete. When I post the article on the blog, I mark the original task complete.

I don’t want to see everybody’s subtasks on my Google calendar. Just my own tasks. How do I make it so that if a task/subtask is not assigned to me, it doesn’t show on my Google calendar?

Hi @Heather_Vale, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Could you please confirm if you have synced your Google Calendar to your My Tasks or to a Project Calendar in Asana?

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

Hi Rebecca, I synced it from “My Tasks” (which includes multiple projects).

Hi @Heather_Vale, thanks for getting back to me! As mentioned in our Help Guide article for Google Calendar sync, subtasks will also sync to your external calendar.

There is no way to prevent this at this time. I hope this provides some clarity!

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.