Hide Columns in Board

Hi @Caroline_Ritenour, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback!

At this time, it’s not possible to hide certain Columns in Board view. We do have an existing thread for this feature request in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

Get used to it. Asana takes forever to make the most basic changes. How could they make extra money off of adding such a basic feature? The answer is, they can’t. So they won’t.

How could they make extra money off of adding such a basic feature? The answer is, they can’t. So they won’t.

Of course Asana can’t make extra money from adding a basic feature to an existing product. That’s true for ALL software companies, from sole proprietors and freelancers all the way up to international software mega-conglomerates. No matter their size or market share, software companies should always be adding basic features to their existing products, because if they don’t, their competitors certainly will.

Look at Microsoft, Apple, and Google, for example. They are constantly adding new features to their existing software and releasing the updates for free, because they all know that their customers will happily take their business elsewhere if their demands are ignored.

Get used to it. Asana takes forever to make the most basic changes.

Asana is not exempt from basic market forces, and this “just get used to it” attitude is counterproductive, both as a response to a fellow user, and as feedback to Asana from a customer. You’re effectively telling Asana, “Don’t worry, I don’t care how long you take to add basic features. In fact, feel free to take as long as you want, and I will actively discourage other customers from raising concerns about the delays or comparing your product to your competitors’ products.”

+1. Would be awesome to hide/collapse a column in Board view