Hide Columns in Board

This would be a great feature. We organize projects and tasks by month - task progress from “TODO” to “Doing” to “Review” to “Done, {month}”. Asana gets pretty slow when you have too many tasks on a board, so it would be nice to be able to archive a column without have to delete tasks.

As a PM, I go back and refer to cards that were done in a past months, so deleting tasks to hide them from the board isn’t practical. Since ordering of tasks inside of columns is only “kind of supported,” it’s nice to be able to have a way to move out old columns and make new ones.

+1

Hi there,
I’m using the board layout for multiple purposes and it’s awesome.
For some of the cases, I find myself creating intuitively columns at the right which at some point obliges me to scroll to go to the newest column.
I was wondering if we could create the “hide column” feature to be able to land directly on the last created column without being obliged to scroll or even delete the column.
Happy to expand more on that if needed.
Thank you again for the great job!

Hi @Khalil_Tarhouni and thanks for sharing this feedback with us! We already have a thread on this topic: Hide Columns in Board so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with this main thread to consolidate feedback. i hope you don’t mind :slight_smile:

1 Like

It would be nice to have this feature to clean things up in board view.

I use projects as areas of focus. eg HR, IT, Finance etc. So often I’ll have a lot of tasks in a backlog section for a particular project. I’d really like to hide this column in the board view as it is distracting to current work to see lots of backlog tasks. Also the ability to color the whole tile in board view (based on a custom field) would be very handy.

Dirty trick: add several empty columns then your backlog columns to “hide” it far away :grimacing:

2 Likes

+1 Please allow hiding :slight_smile:

Now that I can hide the column, I am not able to unhide it, how can I do it?

2 Likes

I second that! How can I unhide a column?

How did you hide your column in the first place? I can’t see how to do that…

I’d really like to be able to hide columns - the latest comments here suggest some people have managed to but I can’t find any references for how they did?

I agree, I would really love to hide “sections” (columns) in Board view.
As a workaround, perhaps you can add a Custom field, and tag all those tasks in the particular column as “archive” or whatever, and then uncheck that box in the FIlters view so that they do not appear? The section would still be there, but the Board view would at least be less cluttered?

1 Like

I agree and I would even go further : be able to have multiple boards (or custom filters on board view) for a single project where you can configure which section is displayed.

When you use Asana to organize a Scrum team you usually need a set of “standard” sections:

• a “Backlog” with all the features to develop
  • a sprint board with 3 columns (“To do”, “Doing”, “Done”) to track the work of the current sprint
  • a “Closed” section that archive all the features that have been implemented (done tasks of the previous sprint)

The problem here is that you cannot create a proper sprint board, with only the To do, Doing and Done sections…

Plus one-ing this! I was just googling to see if hiding a column was possible as I want to be able to do that for a project I am planning.

1 Like