Here is how to see all the projects I have access to in one list.

I thought I was going crazy. I’m on a paid version and now my team can’t see the list of projects on the left column. We used to order them by date. Now it’s a hot mess and we can’t see projects that maybe several months old. Our employees are very confused. It’s hurting productivity and making me think we need to leave Asana.

4 Likes

“Show All” button is a no brainer. Asana team seems to be ignoring much feedback from paying customers… not a good recipe for long term success.

Please add this feature!

7 Likes

I too thought I was going crazy as a paid user. We have a lot of projects - both active and archived. As CEO, I need an easy way to see a list of all active projects. Asana… please bring this feature back.

8 Likes

I just tried some of the suggestions here… and yet in the search results you can’t filter out archived projects and you can’t sort by name. This, as someone else has said, has become a hot mess. I can’t find anything easily. I have to remember names of projects in order to find them… or scan a long list which is an immense waste of time. Asana help…

6 Likes

Wow this new project bar redesign is a mess. Not being able to have my projects in the order I left them in is a disaster. For managing multiple projects at once, this has created really unnecessary extra steps EACH TIME I go between projects… I don’t spend a few hours on one project and then pop into another. I am in and out of projects all day and this bar design is a FLOP.

May Monday.com is better… At least they listen to their users feedback.

7 Likes

I have to agree with everyone here. We had our project list color coded by the different types of clients. Not I can only see RECENT or TOP??? Why would you change something that was NOT broken? Please add this option back.

8 Likes

This has certainly made it more complicated. I preferred being able to see the whole list in the side bar by clicking on the “more” option. Much simpler access when reviewing all projects at team meetings.

4 Likes

So glad you posted a workaround for this BASIC function.

It works…but there is no way to sort by project name. I deliberately set up my project names so they can be sorted…but that thinking is apparently useless on Asana now.

WT?

5 Likes

Agree!

1 Like

As you say, as an administrator, I’m not satisfied with the current functionality.

How about another idea?

1 Like

the url work around is absolutely useless. yes you can filter but we have projects that are complete in terms of client facing activity but we still have internal close down procedures to follow.
How do you filter out archived projects with this workaround?

Bring back the old functionality please.

4 Likes

How has your experience been with Monday.com? I too was furious at this redesign, made everything much harder to see at once with 50-100 projects without constant keystrokes. The only problem I have had so far with Monday.com (we integrated and are duelly running) is that completed tasks are not available “at a glance” without creating elaborate automations. I dont want a degree in automations, Asana’s is so much easier. But this screen display is a real problem for many people so much so that two clients have simply left Business. With all the useless stuff I see in release notes, “Show All” should not have been a problem.

2 Likes

Do you have product feedback on this issue?
If so, please let me know.
My feedback is here.

But this doesn’t count the total number of projects, so I’m still no the wiser in establishing how many projects are running across my organisation. We currently have over 100 live projects which is set to double in 2024. I do not have the time to add my self to each project, track down all the private projects etc. The search you mention is only useful if I have access to projects (owner or member), what about the private projects? As a super user, responsible for project management across my organisation I really need to see the entirety of what’s on asana. Is this possible?

1 Like

One way to create a search for all the project a user is a member for is:

This will automaticly add you to the search. replace this then with the relevant user:

2 Likes

This is not working to show all projects.

1 Like

@Niels_Oomen why not?

That is a good question, let’s ask the Asana developers. It is just not showing all projects.
The why I do not know. We have >400 projects and it does not show me all.

@Niels_Oomen do you have permission to view all those projects. The search will not show you things that you don’t have permission to view.

I just ran a search and then cross-checked the count against what I can pull with the API and they match (also well into the hundreds, so I don’t think it’s a scale issue).

hi @Stephen_Li , I’m a Super Admin. That should be sufficient.