Help!!

Client had account through another organization. She setup workspaces including personal projects.

She wanted her own company account so I set it up with an admin@companyname.com and added her address client@companyname.com her to one of the teams there.

When I log in to her personal account, I can no longer see her personal projects.
I removed her from the new organization thinking it would bring her personal projects back in her personal account.

How can I get her personal projects back??

And now I cannot login to the new organization.

Hi @Doris_Barber :wave:t3:

In order to better understand the issue and help you resolve it efficiently, we would need to take a look at your client account. And since this process involves access to private info, our support team will be in a better position to help. Can you please get your client to reach out to support from their
client@companyname.com email address and ask them to share a screenshot of what they can see as well as a brief recap of the situation?

Sorry for not being able to help further here, but let me know if you have any other questions, I’ll happy to help!