Help, accidentally removed all members from a private project template and now I can't regain access

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
I converted a private project to a project template (which should be public to team, right?), then removed myself and all members from the project. Template no longer shows up in the template chooser menu.

I already contacted support, but hoping I can get a quicker answer from you lovely folks on the forum

Steps to reproduce:

1. create private project
  2. convert to template in team which you are a member of
  3. confirm template shows up in new project template chooser (you + 1 other person)
  4. remove all members from template project
  5. check whether template shows up in new project template chooser (it doesn’t!)
  6. ???

Browser version: Chrome Version 98.0.4758.102 (Official Build) (arm64)
Experienced this in both Desktop and Browser app versions

Hi @Alison_Palmer, thanks for reaching out!

You did the right thing by contacting Support first. They’ll be able to add you back into the project - this is the only resolution.

Hold tight and a member of the team will be in touch soon :slight_smile:

I received an email response from Aubrey, Asana’s friendly supportbot, yesterday. The email said there was currently no fix for the issue at this time and that the ticket was closed. Should I be expecting a follow-up from a person?

Hi @Alison_Palmer, you can follow up with the supportbot and just confirm your issue hasn’t be resolved. This will reroute your ticket to a support agent who will be able to resolve this for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.