Have you heard of the Pomodoro technique? If you have, please tell us what you think! Opinions are welcome and encouraged.
The Pomodoro technique is a productivity technique designed for the procrastinators in all of us. It breaks work down into 25 minute increments - set by a timer that looks like a tomato! - and subsequent 5 minute breaks. The tomato timer is not mandatory, just a little bit more fun.
The steps of the Pomodoro technique as outlined in Lifehacker:
- Choose a task to be accomplished
- Set the Pomodoro to 25 minutes (the Pomodoro is the timer)
- Work on the task until the Pomodoro rings, then put a check on your task list
- Take a short break (5 minutes is ok)
- Every 4 Pomodoros take a longer break
Take the Pomodoro challenge!
Try working according to the Pomodoro technique for a day or even just an afternoon. After you’re finished, tell us what you think! What task(s) did you work on? What worked for you, what didn’t?
Let’s hear it!