Have subtasks associated with the parent task’s projects BUT NOT automatically show up in the project view.

This idea is different from having subtasks automatically showing up in projects, so please don’t merge it with that one.

I would love love love for subtasks to be associated with the parent task’s projects BUT NOT automatically show up in the project view. The reason is that subtasks are still tasks - they still require work, so they need to be able to be accounted for when evaluating an employee’s workload and whether they can take on a new assignment. When they don’t count in the workload OR in the new dashboard charts, it makes those features worthless to my organization (and have actually been cited by our admins as a main reason we don’t upgrade our account). Instead, I have reports where I can look at all the tasks assigned to my team members, but it’s still a list. I can’t visualize the workload, and can’t compare to other team members. Also, if sub-tasks were associated with the same projects the parent task is, then subtasks could be better sorted in My Tasks. Right now, they show up as being part of no project, which is not helpful when trying to organize my task list by project (right now, I made manual sections with each project’s name, but that seems so silly when there’s a “sort by project” filter already, if only it included sub-tasks too).

And to be clear, I wouldn’t want sub-tasks to be automatically added to a project because then you may as well just make regular tasks, and it really clutters up a project view (such as if you use sub-tasks to manage repeating workflows, like for a blog’s content development). I would still want that to be a manual thing.

Is anyone else interested in something like this?

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ability to expand/contract all subtasks in task list at once

A vote has been moved.