Guest with specific project permission can see entire project/team?

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

Granted member not in team access to ONE project in team.
They are able to see ALL projects in the team. Pretty major! Screenshot below shows they should only have specific access to one project (you can grant them ALL ) - however they seem to have all access regardless.

Steps to reproduce:
invite non team member to a single team project.

Browser version: chrome

Upload screenshots below:

HI @Shahzad_Younas and welcome to the Forum!

Thank you so much for the report. I can see from your screenshot that you have 2 Members and 2 Guests with access to specific projects and not the entire Team.

My guess here is that this issue might be related to the Team Permission. Let me give you a little bit of context here:

If your Team is **Public**, any Member of the Team and the Organization can join automatically without being approved to have access to all the Public Projects of that Team.

If you invite a Guest to a Public Team it will also give them access to all Public Projects nested in that Team.

Could you please check your Team Settings to confirm if your Team is Public? You can check this on the General tab of Your Team Settings. Please see screenshot below.

If this is not the case, I would recommend reaching out directly to our Support Team who will be more equipped to continue troubleshooting this issue with you. Make sure to provide them with the URL of this thread so you don’t have to re-explain everything.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

1 Like

Thanks
OK that is confusing

It was set to public

However so now i have set to membership by request

Does this mean that a member who is not part of the team but has access to one project now has access to all projects in the team still? It is a very misleading title!

I only invited a non team member to access ONE project belonging to the team fyi

Hi @Shahzad_Younas :wave:t3: Marie here stepping in for @Natalia.

No if you’ve set your team to “membership by request”, only full team members can access all projects in your team. People you’ve added to a specific project can only access these projects you gave them access to, they can’t access any other project.

Hope this helps to clear things up, but if you have any follow-up questions based on your own set up, I would recommend reaching out to our support team who will be able to look specifically at your team and members access. In this case, make sure to provide them with the info below so they can start helping you right away:

• Name of the Team you’re referring to
  • Name of the project you added your member to
  • Name of the project which this member is seeing but shouldn’t have access to

Have a great day!

1 Like

Thanks v much!

1 Like