Granting a team member access to my tasks

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: I have shared my tasks with a team member and she can only see one of my MANY tasks. We have tried it multiple times.

Steps to reproduce: We have tried her asking for permission and me just going straight to share and finding her name. She can only see one of my tasks and I need her to see ALL of my tasks.

Browser version: chrome

Upload screenshots below:

No screenshots available…maybe try attaching again. The following is my understanding:

When you allow someone to edit My Tasks (by Sharing it), that is access to the space only. This access does not override the permissions of a private Project.

So, they will not necessarily see all your tasks - only those in a Project they have access to (either via their Team membership, or having the Project explicitly shared with them), or those they are a Collaborator on. So please check their permissions to the Task itself…they need additional access to be present, not just the “Jon’s My Tasks” access. Hope that helps!

2 Likes

Defined shared? Did you add her as a collaborator, or only send her a link?

If you just shared a link and that person does not have permission to the project, then they will not see the tasks. However, if you add them as a collaborator, they will.

If the project is private, they will only see the tasks you have added them as collaborator to.

1 Like

Thank you for everyone’s help. Stephanie was right about what I was trying to do and adding a new project and then sharing the project with the person I needed to view my tasks- was the perfect solution. Thanks again

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.