Free version Admin option?

Is it possible to add an Admin option to the Free version of Asana?

I dread inviting members to any of my projects in my Free Version Workspace. These members, in essence, have the same options as me, right? - I’ve had this happen to me in the past, when I invited a person to a (non-Asana) workspace… and after a few days, I was kicked out of the group. Whilst I started the project in the first place?! I could no longer join.

This would not be able to happen if I had a superadmin access to my own Workspace. Even with limited amount of members, you are reliant on 14 people that have a normal work-ethic. If only one person decides to kick out all the other members, the rest is… well… f*cked?

Pardon the bad words… is it anywhere possible to make an Admin option for the Free version?

Maybe @Julien_RENAUD can help, he is my go-to guy these days with these questions.

With the free version, everyone has the same rights.
With Premium you could have admin role or you could also use “Comment only”:New in Asana: Comment and View Only Permissions

With the free version, if you need to collaborate with others then I don’t see other solutions than setting up conventions and rules. You can use private project if needed, but you cannot invite any members into this project (in the free version).

1 Like

For a Free version, its probably a compromise. But I wondered if it was possible for smaller companies to keep using the Free version, but have an Admin who heads his team.

From the Asana website (in € for me) :
“The free version of Asana is available for teams of up to 15 people. Asana Premium costs €9,25 per user per month when billed annually and €11,10 per user per month when billed monthly. Plans of 15 or fewer qualify for a small team discount, so the price per user per month is €5,75 when billed annually, and €6,90 when billed monthly. The price of Asana Premium is tiered, starting in groups of 5 and 10 users, based on the number of people you have in your Team or Organization.”

So at €5,75 a month, per user, I could potentially go Pro.

Still hope Asana would consider an Admin option. One can dream, right?

I would still like to ask if it is possible to make Free versions have an Admin option, but ONLY so it disallows other users from removing the Admin from managing that Free version. All other Premium options can still be disabled.

I’ve not tested this, but I now have my Personal projects and my Fictional Company projects. If I’d invite user X to become a member of the team of this Fictional Company, he can potentially remove me as a user and thus I lose all my rights to see and edit this contents.

Of course, trust is a bigger issue in that example… but if its possible, just adding the option to make the creator of the Fictional Company an Admin (or call him a Power User), then all the other invited users can’t remove the owner of Fictional Company and thus safeguard him his precious data.

You can potentially still be the Power User / Admin of your environments, but not have all the other options of a Premium system.

This has halted me from sharing access to my personal projects, being afraid of people stealing the environment. I know this sounds weird, but I’d just prefer a little bit more control over my content.

Can this be put on the request list for future updates?