FR: New Rule Action: Create new Project from Template

Feature request for Rules

When a task is added to a project or section, I’d like to see a follow up action be: create a new project from a pre-existing template.

I see many use cases arising from this functionality.

We currently manage all our employee onboarding via Asana. HR complete a Form that populates as a Task in a project. But we then have a 65 step process to our onboarding lifecycle from account provisioning, asset purchasing through to training. The onboarding steps are captured in a project template. But being able to create a new project from this template while being unique to the new employee when kicked off from the form submission will be a game changer.

Indeed rules at the moment don’t allow you to create projects. Check out The Asana automation bible: all the triggers and actions from Asana, Zapier, Flowsana, Integromat & Automate for alternatives

3 Likes

+1 for this feature!

I work on a Marketing team that uses Asana, and we use forms to “kick off” many of our initiatives (such as a webinar), and currently have the form zap a task to a project that solely holds these form submissions. We literally made the zap give each task the title “New Webinar Submission. Create project from General Webinars template.” It would be fantastic if “Task Added to Project” could “Create Project from ____ Template” and set a specific person as the project owner.

3 Likes