Forms settings are not carried forward when creating a project from a template

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: I noticed today that two items don’t carry forward when creating a project from a template.

1. The field width within the List view is reset to the default narrow setting instead of their custom width assigned within the template.
  2. The form setting that defines which field(s) are used to represent a task title defaults to Form Name instead of whatever the preferred selection is in the template

Steps to reproduce: Navigate to an existing project template and select “Use template” to create a new project using this template.

Browser version: Google Chrome Version 86.0.4240.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below: N/A at this time but can provide if necessary.

2 Likes

Hi @LEGGO, thanks for your report!

My hunch is that this is expected behaviour but please let me confirm with our team internally and I’ll let you know!

Thanks @Emily_Roman! The custom field width I can understand, but it would be really nice if all functional aspects, like the form setting for the task title, matched the template.

1 Like

Hi @LEGGO, just a quick update to let you know our team is working to fix the issue related to Forms settings and Templates. Thanks again for your report! I’ll let you know as soon as I have more details.

In regards to the field width, this is currently working as expected. I recommend you creating a new thread in our #productfeedback category so other customers can cast their votes and support this request.

2 Likes

DONE! The ability to copy all visual and functional settings of a project when created from a template

1 Like

@Emily_Roman When I create a new project using a template that has a Form, it appears that in the Form settings, the “Select a field for task titles” is reverting back to the default of Form Name, instead of the value I have assigned in the template. The default assignee is also reverting to the project creator (me) instead of the person I have assigned in the template. Is this by design?

Hi @Katie_Kendle,

That’s actually a bug that Asana has said they’re going to be fixing. You can read more about it here:

2 Likes

Thanks for your report @Katie_Kendle! We are working on this issue so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the bug report: Forms settings are not carried forward when creating a project from a template

Thanks @Phil_Seeman!

Hi folks, just to confirm this issue is now resolved! Thank you so much for the report and your patience while our team worked on resolving it!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.