Forms: formatting and saving user progress

The ability for us to use Forms as a way to gather design information from our clients is, first of all, fantastic! Having everything centralized in Asana is very helpful for us. However, we’ve noticed the formatting options in Forms are pretty limited, and we’d like to see more updates to these to make our client questionnaire more clean and organized.

We’d really like to see the addition of the following:

• Sections/Headers (a way to “chunk” groups of questions that are related)
  • Question dependence (a question, or group of questions, can be toggled on or off depending on the user’s answer to a previous question)
  • An editable “Other” option in lists and multi-select questions (for both creators and users)
  • More formatting options within questions (line breaks are kept, Bold/Italics/Underline options)
  • Adding pictures to questions (for a visual aid when explaining more unfamiliar design features to clients)

Thank you to the Asana Team, and we hope to see more great features in the future!

Sorry… forgot to mention that we’d also like to see users be able to save their progress on a Form. Our design questionnaire can be pretty lengthy, so letting users save and come back later when they decide on design choices would be very helpful!

Thanks again!

You probably split all those requests into separate threads, so people can upvote each of them!

Hi @Noah_Scanlan! And welcome to the Forum! :wave:

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us! As @Bastien_Siebman suggested, we usually don’t recommend listing multiple suggestion on the same thread since it’s difficult for us to follow-up and for users to vote. I’m listing below some existing threads covering some of the points you have commented on. I would highly recommend you to add your vote and comment to them:

And for those suggestion that haven’t been covered on the threads outlined, I suggest you to create a brand new thread to allow other users to vote and comment for the specific request.

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and to give us some context, this is all super useful! Have a great week!

1 Like