Form Submission Notification in Calendar View

We use calendar view for our social media calendar. When my teammates submit a request for a new post, they can’t see where their submission goes and are confused (because you have to click to list view to see new form submissions). It’d be great if in calendar view you at least get a form submission notification. Even if it’s just a pop-up number in the toolbar.

1 Like

1,000%. The form submission notifications for asana are severely lacking. We also fall into this same exact situation.

Hey @Crystal_Alifanow, form submission triggers might help?
For any form submissions you could add a comment tagging the relevant people so they don‘t miss this new task. They would then receive a notification in their Asana inbox. As another action you could then select another option in a custom field (that has a different colour) so everybody notices it in the start?

I add any relevant parties as followers on tasks once I take action as the assignee. But I am requesting a solution for that in-between time of submission and when I (as the assignee) take action. Form notifications can be improved overall.

2 Likes

I’m glad you see the value of the request too. Please vote for it. :slight_smile:

@Andrea_Mayer We just have premium and not business, so @Andrea_Mayer’s solution wouldn’t work for us. @Crystal_Alifanow is right…it would be incredibly helpful to get a notificaiton. Or just a default routing / rule that you can use in premium.

Hm I see @Jimmy_Lemon yeah at the moment only a few rules are available for Premium.

Another option might be taking a look at Flowsana.

Are there going to be any updates to form notifications? I am seeing lots of comments and talk about the need for email notifications for form submissions, but no answers. How do we get this moved up the ladder to have a resolution for those of us on premium (not business)?

This became a huge issue today when an important post was missed because when viewing the project in calendar view (our default view), the submission form was not visible.

Now, there are tweaks with workflows and rules, but it’d still be ideal if there was a notification badge in the calendar tab for new form submissions. Maybe that notification badge is visible in every view tab of the project, but it’d be ideal for calendar view.

Hi @Crystal_Alifanow ,

RE: notifications for new form submissions - have you tried turning on notifications for “Task added” to this project? You can do that either from your personal notification settings (in your avatar) or on the Share button of the project.

You may already be aware, but all tasks without a due date are visible in calendar view by clicking the “Unscheduled” button near the top right of the calendar:

Alternatively, perhaps you could consider auto-assigning a due date on form submissions (maybe date of submission?) to get them onto the calendar and then move them from there (you could give them a custom section or field value to color them differently if you’re afraid of people getting confused by the date). Not sure if this is the right solution but an option nonetheless.

I do not have an “unscheduled” button. But I didn’t realize you can now link form questions to custom fields. That wasn’t a feature when I created this form.

Thank you.

@Crystal_Alifanow - are you in the week- or month-view? I just realized the unscheduled button only appears if you’re in the week-view (which is unfortunate…)

Hope the field mapping from forms at least solves your main issue.

Interesting choice on their part. I only use month view. But good to know its there if I need it. Thank you.

ETA, I’m just realizing you can create multiple “tabs” of calendar. I guess I’m way behind on feature rollouts. Maybe some of these updates should be more prominently displayed for people who do not use the forum. I bet none of my colleagues know this.

1 Like