Form Sharing Settings

Couldn’t find any information on this, but how can I make a project form only accessible by people within that project?
It seems like this would be a big limitation if it’s not possible to limit who can access forms.

Forms are made to allow anyone from the world to input data into your Asana, so the link is kinda public once its out there. @Marie is that correct?

Hi @Israel_Gonzalez,

As it stands, it is not possible to manage Forms permissions, but this is certainly something our team will evaluate for future updates!

In the meantime, if your project is private to project members, and if none of the members share the Form link externally, nobody else will be able to access the Form! I know this is not ideal, but thought it could be useful until our team comes up with a better solution!

1 Like

I have run into this a couple of times now where a user thinks they are filling out the form but end up editing the actual form. Can there be a way to lock the form? One of these users is not a member of the project and was able to edit. I’ve disabled editing capabilities to those who are official members but since it is a public project, those it’s not shared with can come in and make changes. On that note, can it be standard for non-invitees to not be able to edit?

I appreciate any feedback.

Hi @Olive and thank you for reaching out!

As it stands, there isn’t a way to lock forms within a project. If you are in a Paid plan, one workaround could be to convert the project to a Comment-only Project or turn it into a Private Project to avoid the non-member users to edit any task or the form itself.

There is an existing thread regarding this topic, so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with it to consolidate feedback. I would suggest you to upvote the request by clicking on the Vote button next to the title.

I hope this helps Olivia, but please let me know if you have any follow-up question!