First day of the week

Hm. At least two topics for this problem, and no solution after two months?..

Don’t forget to vote at the top of the thread :slight_smile:

Despite the “Set Default View” option, which seems unreliable as an organization-wide setting, we constantly have to press the “Show Weekends” button.

There should be an option to always show weekends, organization-wide. We’re a small startup of co-owners and we work everyday. Why not make it easy for us, instead of harder?

Also, please allow us to always set the start of the week to Monday. We live in Europe, and we truly don’t believe that the week starts on Sunday. This should be possible both for the Calendars, and the Due Date Selection tools.

Thank you.

15 Likes

+1

Is there no way to make EVERY calendar ALWAYS show the weekends? We are a community organization that ONLY does stuff on weekends, making the calendars by default frustratingly ineffective.

2 Likes

You’re in luck @Zr234Ad ! If you want the Calendar to always show weekends, save the Calendar View with weekends showing as your default view. Take a look at this Guide article on calendar view for more info.

1 Like

for some reason on iOS week starts on Sunday too, I couldn’t find the option to choose Monday instead.
and yes for Europe people! week starts with work day, not in the middle of a fishing time :slight_smile:
Please add option to choose week starting day!

1 Like

Also European company here - the Sunday week start is confusing.

7 Likes

It might be added that:

According to international standard ISO 8601, Monday is the first day of the week. It is followed by Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Sunday is the 7th and final day.

10 Likes

Totally agree: we should be able to set Monday as 1st day of the week 
 super confusing now, scheduling lots of tasks on Sunday :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes please, Monday for the first day of the week!

2 Likes

Is there any update in this? The first thing I searched is how to start the week on Monday. The only available view is very confusing for the rest of the world
 :slightly_frowning_face:

Hey guys, instead of +1 please vote next to the title of this topic at the beginning of this page. As per me I would appreciate Monday as a first day of a week too. Thanks.

6 Likes

It is a shame that this is not a feature yet. The rest of the world uses Monday as the first day of week. This is basic. Come on Asana, this is a bit ridiculous. You have added emoticons and other stuff that is superfluous and this is a much needed organization setting.

I have requested this like 2 years ago.

Or is ASANA recommended only for US Americans?

2 Likes

As a developer I can tell you that people usually under-estimate the cost of a feature. Emoji might have been super easy to do and was a great marketing opportunity to communicate about the app.
Anyway, I think the voting feature here is used to get your voice heard and the Product Team will take it into account.

1 Like

there are actually number of things to adjust here:

• which day of the week is in the first column as the first working day in calendar view of tasks
  • which weekday is in the first column in the small day-chooser calendar when setting due date
  • which days are grayed-out
  • show weekends should always appear as 6th and 7th column

i find it super-confusing to have a non-working day as the first culumn, regardless if it’s monday or sunday.

i voted for a fix on top.

thank you for a great product!!

5 Likes

Hey Alexis!

Either my view is different or this article is outdated. I am unable to make the Calendar my default view which means I can’t get my project to open the Calendar view by default and I can’t show the weekends by default either.

While in the calendar of a project, there is no ‘view’ option to save it for everyone’s viewing. Is this a bug or has this feature been removed?

Hi there! It is not possible to save calendar view as the default view for everyone in a project. When you’re in the list view of a project, however, you should be able to save a default view for everyone.

Bump for option to change first day of the week!

1 Like

Greetings from Russia. We need to set Monday as first day of the week in popup, when you choose date.
Hope we get this feature as soon as possible!

3 Likes

I’m chiming in to request that feature as well.

While I know that this might require extensive updates to the structure of the calendar, this is an important feature, especially for users outside of the U.S.

I still love Asana, but most other project management tools have this functionality. It’s a no-brainer, really.

For our weblog, we separate tasks into ‘weekday tasks’ and ‘weekend tasks’. To see the weekend tasks being split between weeks is weird and unfamiliar to European eyes.

PS: I’ll never get why it’s called weekend when the week supposedly starts on Sunday. :smiley:

2 Likes