Filename changing issue when using the Mac's safari.

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

When I download an attached file from asana on Mac’s safari.
If the attached file name is Korean, then the file name is changed to non-readable code. (eg. cdd19bc3ccb54fbefe2d8a0a4062cdac.pdf)
There is no problem opening the file itself, but changed file name is so inconvenient to check it again every time.

The issue happend only on Safari and Asana, no problem in Chrome and other similar services’s download function.

I’m using Asana in English, and I checked it in other languages settings, but it doesn’t seem to relevant with language settings.

Steps to reproduce: Download a file from asana on Mac’s safari - filename is Korean(non-latin).

Browser version: Safari 14.1.1

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Kang_MinHye, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Thanks for flagging this! Could you please try the troubleshooting steps listed below and let me know if any of these resolve this issue for you?

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

Thank you for your reply.
I’ve tried all your troubleshooting steps.
Unfortunately it still doesn’t work.

It’s the same on my cowork’s computer, it doesn’t seem to be a computer problem.
It’s a problem with Asana & Safari & non-latin characters.
There is no problem if the file name is in alphanumeric characters.

Actually, I’ve been having this problem for a long time.
At first, I thought Asana was designed to encrypt the file name and download it.
Because I was using safari as my main browser and I didn’t test it on another browser.
Now I know that download from Chrome or another browser does not change the file name.

In our team writes the file name in Hangul(Korean) name often.
So I hope this character issue will be solved soon.

Thanks for getting back to me, @Kang_MinHye! I’ve gone ahead and escalated this to our Product team. I’ll get back to you here as soon as I have any updates :slight_smile: