File folder and view options

Hi :wave:
Surprisingly enough, it looks like this was not asked before in the community! Upvoting this. Alternatively, you could have a task to “hold” versions of the same file. That would give you the ability to reference the task, tag it etc.

Welcome to the Forum @Emily_Benson and thanks for sharing this feedback with us. As @Bastien_Siebman mentioned, I don’t think this feedback was ever submitted, but I can totally see how useful this would be in the long run or if you’re managing a lot of attachments for your projects.

I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have some update on my end, in the meantime, if there is anything else we can help you with, let us know!

Thank you so much Bastien and Marie, really appreciate it! Yeah, anything that would allow us to label/tag the actual files rather than the tasks would be great.

2 Likes

Hello! Wondering if there was a new thread created or if there was an update on the feedback. A big issue I am having is that I have one file appearing over a dozen times because it is attached to multiple tasks

Hi. Will there ever be a feature to allow my team to organize proofs, final, archived files within the file view?

Hi @Christina_Weimer, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

We already have a thread in our product feedback category for this request so I’ve gone ahead and merged your thread with File folder and view options to centralize feedback.

We don’t have updates about this feature at the moment but I’ll make sure to update the main thread as soon as I have any news.

My team loves to be able to quickly access attached files in projects but find that when there are 7-10 or more files, it becomes cumbersome to find what we need. We would love to be able to organize a project’s files into folders (similar to Google Drive) so that we can quickly locate a file or identify if something is missing.

Hi @Susana_Turner, thanks for your feedback! As it stands, it’s currently not possible to create folders to organize your files. We already have a thread on this topic so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with File folder and view options - #2 by Joe_Thomas to centralize feedback. We’ll keep the main thread updated if we have any news!

Hi - just wanted to add my voice to the need to view files in a sortable list. When we have a big project with lots of files, I really can’t find what I need. It seem like it would be easier to put them all in one Box folder and then link to the Box folder from Asana.

Hi,

I agree, this type of functionality is basic and should be added. We understand that Asana is a task organizer and not a file repository but the reality is that many tasks require documentation to be uploaded or saved, either to help accomplish the task or as the target output of that task (i.e. create a user guide). These types of documents can be referred back to historically for a variety of reasons and being able to organize, search for, and find these files is helpful.

Thanks!

I like having the documents associated to a specific task in one location. I don’t want to have to click out of Asana into another app to get the document I need. We have recently used Asana to organize our winter storm damage ( during Texas snowmagedon in February) for the insurance adjustor with photos and other relative documents to facilitate one place for stakeholders to go to either pick up what they need, or find what they need relative to a specific line item damage report. Having a least a minimal folder structure capability would be beneficial.