Feedback on Workload feature

I’m just copying here part of a thread I had with Support. As requested, they said to include in Product Feedback…

As Workload is something that applies to people and not projects, it makes much more sense to be able to view workload per organisation/department/team/assignee.

Portfolios don’t necessarily contain the same subsets, since you manually add projects and thus project teams. Resources (assignees) may also be included in projects that’s are outside a portfolio and so not all their workload is seen.

While I think the Workload functionality is a great new addition to Asana, I believe this is just a starting point and vital to make it a lot more valuable, the developers really need to consider implementing these other views.

Further to this, I believe the Workload feature needs to consider resource availability as well (ie vacations, holidays, planned absence, working hours).
Each assignee needs to have an availability calendar ( and not just the “Show Me as Away” in profiles).

I’d be interested to know how others tackle this issue.

Do you create a project specifically as a “vacation planner” for the team, assign absence to individuals and and then include that project into every other project the team is working on?
This seems a bit clumsy but I don’t see another way.

3 Likes

Hello,

Its been several weeks since Workloads were introduced but it seems there hasn’t been much progress in their implementation.
I still hold the view that the primary purpose should be to be able to see the allocation of all work by resource (ie. Assignee).

The current implementation by Portfolio is incomplete because not all projects will be included in the portfolio. Therefore Workloads is not a very usable feature yet.

Are you working on implementing Workloads per Team or Assignee?
As as starting point you could perhaps implement a ‘super-portfolio’ that automatically contains every project. This way it would be possible to view the Workload across all projects.

However I believe it would make much more sense to add the Workload view to Teams and to include all the projects that Team owns.

An update on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 Like

You can use my tool Global Workload to see a workload accross the entire organization https://minimalist-work.com/asana/global-workload

@Kimberlea I fully agree with @Alex_Bailey1

Can you give us an update on this?

I am also curious to know if there has been any update on this! Thanks!

Hi Terrence and Wanda. I’m glad you agree, thanks.

Hello Asana people !
Please could you give us an update on this feature? You rolled it out with quite a bit of fanfare initially and then went quiet.
I strongly believe you guys need to provide a bit more transparency on your product road-map, especially for features that have had plenty of feedback, good and bad. Please show us that you’ve taken on board some of the issues pointed out by customers and how you plan to address them.
Many thanks,
Alex.

1 Like

Hello Asana folks! I agree with Alex, where would one be able to see what is coming up in your product roadmap? This can make a lot of difference to team who are planning enterprise adoption, on the condition that certain features will be available…Thanks!

Hi @wanda.santini,

Asana doesn’t make their product roadmap public, I’m afraid. You can read a bit more about that in this post (it’s about a different feature request but discusses the roadmap etc.):