Text formatting for task/subtask title

So if you are doing a outline, mostly you need subsections, but projects frequently are convoluted enough that even subtasks aren’t enough (or you’ll have an endless amount of substask and some key items will not be as visible as they are needed). Here’s where subsections come in. The task title formatting…that’s pretty self-explanatory. Im really disappointed that an organization can only use one font type, especially when text formatting is available in description… The section bold-face definable helps to differentiate it from the tasks. but this needs to be improved. Come on Asana this is 2018. I find it hard to believe we are still stuck with limited font options anywhere.

4 Likes

I agree, it would be very helpful to be able to use bold or different font colours in subtasks. Any chance of adding this feature in ASANA?

2 Likes

Hi,

I would very much like to be able to format task titles. I can see that there have been various previous requests but I couldn’t find out whether they were considered by the devs, and if so what the reasons were for not incorporating them.

Obviously, I wouldn’t want a full blown list or a similar formatting on a task title. Stripped-down Markdown as used in the asana forums can be a great starting point. You can also look into Todoist for inspirations.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @MA1 and welcome to the Forum! :wave:

Thank you so much for your feedback! I believe this is not our near-term plans but I can assure you that we will keep in mind as we work toward improving Asana!

We already have a thread on this topic so I’ve gone ahead and merged it so we can consolidate feedback!

Have a great Friday!

Please do this. This is crucial, basic functionality, and without it the product is much less useful for people who need to be visually-organized.

Thanks.

1 Like

Any update on this?

2 Likes

It would be VERY helpful if you could format the task name itself and not just the description. This would include, but not be limited to, highlighting the entire task name in a chosen color, bold, italicize, change font, change font size, etc.

8 Likes

I would love to be able to highlight task titles and content. Please consider adding a highlight option. Thank you!

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum @Project_Manager7!

I have merged your post into an existing feedback request thread, don‘t forget to upvote there :slight_smile:

+1