Feature request: Slack-style mobile app keyboard

My team and I are avid at-mention/#folks. We are on the go all the time, since we have three mobile offices and staff in five cities, and sometimes we all work from home a.k.a. while we’re grocery shopping. So it’s getting to the point of driving is kind of nuts when were in a hurry that wesighhave to tap over to the second symbol screen on our iPhones to get the app mention I’m goin. We are on the go all the time, since we have three mobile offices and staff in five cities, and sometimes we all work from home a.k.a. while we’re grocery shopping, etc. So it’s getting more irksome when we’re in a hurry and we sigh have to tap over to the symbol screen on our iPhones to get the @ sign. (I know, I know, such a hardship.) Any possible updates in the pipeline? We love how slack puts the # and @ right in front! Screen grab attached to show the Slack keyboard [duh]– and yes, that’s Asian efficiency. Our other love!)

1. Our managers and I almost always dictate comments and task descriptions while we’re driving via Siri, and when we use Siri to say the at sign and then somebody’s name or a task, the Asana app doesn’t respond to what was generated by Siri dictation. Rawr. So I have to dictate up to the point of saying “at-sign” and then stop Siri dictation and start typing the person or the task or the project, select it, and then resume dictation. Is there a way that Asana can interact with Siri more effectively? To help the flow??

I’m sure it’s crazy coding crap, but these are those little features that make me gravitate more towards using Asana as a reflex, even above iPhone notes or Evernote to jot something task-oriented down.

Thank you so much for all your hard work!! Yawls responsiveness and commitment to serving me a sonic community is inspiring and what keeps me coming back to this app even more so than Evernote, and some other project management stuff that we’ve used.

2 Likes