Feature Request: set date range for a task

I do hope when they roll out the Start Date that they don’t forget to make it part of the CSV export for use in spreadsheets etc. At this point we would need that Start Date, Sections for every task and subtask, as well as at least the project that subtasks reside in based on the Parent instead of all our orphan subtasks. that don’t have the genetic composition of their parents :slight_smile: I think the 1st or 2nd highest volume views on Asana are Subtask or not and the leading driver is the way they default as floating within Asana and limited features such as Custom Fields.

@alexis when this is officially released can you be our lobbyist to make sure they put Start Date in Advanced Search and not have a great new feature, just like Waiting on that can’t be searched. Thanks

1 Like

I can’t promise anything :smiley: but I’ll certainly pass the word on!

Just saw it appear on a task!

@Alexis I love the new feature of date range but as @Simona_Hoyos pointed out it’s not complete yet. Having the date range displayed on the Calendar would be very useful for planning purposes.
Also less important but on the Tasks view having the start date and end-date would be quite useful to distinguish the tasks with ranges.
Any chance we could see this implemented any time soon?

3 Likes

Thanks for your feedback @Aurelien_Dias! While I can’t promise a timeline I can assure you that our product team will keep in mind your suggestion.

Topic closed. For more on start date please refer to this thread: Start date and estimated hours