Feature request: Option to hide weekends in timeline

Hi there!

Great work on the timeline feature - really love its simplicity. One thing however seems over-simplified to me:

There should be an option to hide weekends. If I plan a 5-(work)-day task that is supposed to start on Monday and end on Friday, and then my plan changes and I drag it to start on Wednesday, then it should (automatically) end on Tuesday, not Sunday.

I understand this doesn’t fit every project - hence an option to enable this behavior. However, I think most companies need this functionality.

Cheers,
Bernhard

Yes, I completely agree with this request! This is a major issue I have with the Timeline view, because I have a timeline “template” for certain projects, and I wish it would automatically shift dates forward if they end up falling on a weekend. This would save me the time of having to manually make sure that nothing falls on a weekend.

Adding my vote for this too.

Appreciate it will be tricky to achieve, but an option to hide weekends if there are no tasks assigned on weekends would be great.

Would love a feature like this, or even with a twist, just have the weekends be a different colour at the top on the dates, so i can quickly see if i’m accidentally robbing someone of their weekend!

PLEASE I NEED THIS FEATURE - weekends difference is essential !!!

Totally agree on this! A grey field behind the weekend days would be good enough. It’d be great to

• have the option to turn off the weekends so that you can not schedule work there.
  • to have similar for holidays.
  • When you slide a chunk of tasks down the time line it’ll adjust to not land on weekends or holidays.

Literally just switched to asana this morning and started using timeline – this was my first instinct. please add!

Absolute requirement, or at the very least an option to highlight weekend columns in a different colour.

Yes completely agree – first thing I searched for when laying out the timeline was how to differentiate weekends. Please add!