Feature Request: # of Days in Date Range

I’d like to be able to quickly identify the # of days defined in the task. Currently when I define a task in the timeline I see Date Range (May 23 - June 7) for example. To identify the # of days I need to use another app or calendar to get the count. An easy fix is to display this insight on hover over the date range.

Thanks

Welcome to the Forum, @Dom! This is currently not possible but I have passed your feedback along to our Product team for consideration! That’s a great idea and I certainly see how useful it would be to easily see the number of days when hovering over the Date Range.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us! Please let me know if you need anything else. :slight_smile:

I’m new to Asana, and was also trying our Microsoft Project, which allowed me to set a number of days for a tasks to be completed, but not actual dates. I don’t always know the dates and some dates will move based on dependencies, so it’s not relevant to set specific dates for every task in a project with many interdependent tasks. This seems like a basic option that should be available. Am I missing it? Thx.

Hi @David_Morris, welcome to the Asana Community forum :wave:t2:

While this feature isn’t available at this time, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future

We do have an existing thread for this feature request in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

Yes, I agree it’s a basic capability, and yes, it is not present in Asana.

Thanks, appreciate you affirming that. I understand now that others have asked for this as well.

1 Like

When in Timeline Mode, it would be useful to be able to hover on tasks and see the number of weeks allocated along with the existing task title pop-up.

Hi @anon18274903, welcome to our Forum community.

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Being able to see the duration when hovering over tasks in Timeline view would certainly be helpful. I’ve merged your post to the Feature Request: # of Days in Date Range thread so as to consolidate the feedback. Please feel free to vote for this thread to bump it up. :+1:

1 Like