Ability to move comment to another task

Some users are not so structured and put comments into the wrong tasks. It would be great to be able to reorganize these, to keep sender, date/time, etc. correct

1 Like

Agree. This would be very useful as remote and volunteer colleagues donā€™t always pay as much attention to where a comment goes.

Absolutely! I just found this as a new user when I realized one task could/should have been two.

Gets my vote - Project Owner should perhaps have ā€˜moderatorā€™ like rights. I find when working with clients they sometimes donā€™t think about where they write their comments and that causes all sorts of issues.

1 Like

This feature is a must.

Sometimes people make wrong comments that it should be a task. It should be nice to have the option to move to new task. It will help you.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us @davidperez! We already have a request for this topic, Iā€™ve gone ahead and merged your thread with Ability to move comment to another task to consolidate feedback. Weā€™ll make sure to update the main thread if we have any news about this feature.

1 Like

Ok Emily! Looking forward to see this featureā€¦

Where are we at with this?

Any updates to share?

Is there any development on this subject ?

It would be useful to me as well.

Yes, sometimes you realize you posted a comment with a video in the wrong task. This is a must!

Would be very useful.

Many people (usually clients or invitees) often comment on status posts about a running task, instead of the task they are related. Just because, from their point of view, the whole project is their task. They donā€™t have the global view and just click ā€œcommentā€ as if it is a vertical thread in the taskā€¦ The Project / Task / Subtask / Message relations and concepts are not so clear for external people. They consider it as confusing and complicated.

It makes consistency hard to maintain.
Letting people post where they want and be able to re-order things, with a function ā€œMove (or link) comment to task / subtaskā€, would be helpful.

Any update about this?