Feature request: Assign multiple assignees on one task

assignee

It would be great to be able to assign a task to more than one member.
I know you can copy a task and then assign the copy to a different member, but this isn’t always useful (for example, comments added to one task or status changes aren’t part of the copied task).

Thanks!

Here is a use case where having multiple task owners would be a huge time saver without compromising accountability.

We are a web development company and our tasks are nearly always executed by micro teams consisting of a designer, front-end developer and back-end developer.

They have firmly defined roles and responsibilities - there is no confusion around who needs to do which part of the task.

What the system is forcing us to do today is constantly set up same set of subtasks over and over again, i.e:

Launch a new homepage

• Design
  • Front-end development
  • Back-end development

But this is entirely unnecessary for our team - the responsibility and accountability is firmly defined by individual roles, not by the system.

We would simply like to assign the task to all three of them and have the project manager check-in with the team and see how things are going.

Another problem with subtasks is the lack of context - you often need to navigate to the parent task or the project to get the details you need to complete the subtask.

Exact same problem for me. I created subtasks for Frontend and Backend for almost every task.

I have an Asana project for each customer with stories grouped by section. Then I have another project called Sprint where I add tasks from multiple projects so the team can clearly see their priorities across multiple projects.

Without multiple assignees, its hard for people to see which tasks in the Sprint are theirs. The only alternative is to add these sub tasks to the Sprint project. But this is too much work…and I prefer sub tasks to represent different parts of the story.