Ability to add event to team calendar without assigning to project

I love that you can add a single event to your personal calendar without assigning it to a project. However, there isn’t a way to do this on the team calendar. This would be so helpful for our company’s monthly and weekly events that don’t necessarily belong to a project.

1 Like

Hi @Stephanie9 and welcome to the Asana Community Forum! Apologies for the delay in replying to you!

Let me start with a little bit of context. In order to appear in your Team calendar, the task you’re creating must belong to the Team and therefore to a Project; in fact your My Task calendar operated this way too! In the backend, your My Task is essentially a project containing all the tasks assigned to you; with a calendar just like in a project!

Implementing this feature would require a lot of work; we probably won’t be able to implement it anytime soon, but we will definitely keep it in mind :slight_smile: Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback with us; have a great day and a wonderful 2019 :slight_smile:

Hi! I’d like to see if there’s any way to track events without necessarily assigning them to a project or task. Our team would love to centralize our workflow in Asana, particularly with regard to track events with the date, time, location, and brief descriptions of the events. This is to track events that our team plans as well as external events that we are either a part of or that we attend as an organization. Is there an existing feature that allows us to do this, and if not, how can we help make it happen?

1 Like

Asana only deals with tasks and projects. Why not have a project with external events as tasks?

That’s how we’ve been doing it so far, but we’d rather these events show up on Asana’s calendar like they do on Google Calendar, iCalendar, etc. so we can consolidate all of our team’s work on this platform with minimal confusion.

Doesn’t it work if events are tasks with a due date?

Hi! 15 months passed and nobody is complaining so I wonder: has this issue being solved?
Is there now a way to add events that are not task to a team-shared calendar?
Can I schedule meetings dates, alert the whole team when I have other appointments, organize vacations etc?
I think this feature could be extremely helpful, especially in order to avoid using both Asana and another shared calendar.

1 Like

Hello,

I just went to this thread and curious if you guys have added a event tool to add to the calendar? I want to add it to my teams calendar with a specific time line but could not find any info on that. Is the only way to add an event to a asana calendar through adding a project with a time line?

Thanks!

1 Like

I have this question too. We want our team calendar to have ONLY the event dates and times. We have an active team with lots of events and tasks going on simultaneously. Everybody on the team does not need to see everyone else’s tasks in the calendar. If they need to see who else is doing which tasks, or if tasks have been completed, they can see this in the list view.

But everyone does need to be reminded of upcoming events. We need team members to attend most events, and we don’t want to schedule multiple large events on the same day. And we would like to sync this to our Outlook calendar so it can be superimposed on our internal, individual university calendars.

Can you advise whether this is possible, or hopefully in the works at Asana?

Thanks very much!

4 Likes