Feature Mod: Allow Subtask creation past 6 layers deep

Multiple times I have encountered a subtask ‘limit’ when I am working on a project that has tasks 6 layers deep. At this point, I’m no longer able to create new subtasks and the shortcuts and buttons for subtasks are disabled.

Would love this to not be restricted!

Wow didn’t even know there was a restriction… Would be interested to know your use case for this? As i don’t think I have ever gone beyond 3 layers.

Jason.

1 Like

My team uses Asana projects for large tasks such as Sales Collateral, Rebranding, or Strategy Projects that impact many other projects and tasks. One task may be a part of many other projects, and have tons of layers.

For example “Project - Name - Date” > “Brand” - Strategy Plan > Sales Collateral > Digital > Website > Prep > reach subtask limit.

It’s simple to fix by either creating more tasks and less subtasks, or removing the task from within the project, but… that would not be building the project correctly for our Project Management methodology.

I feel like we’re being penalized for intense organization, haha

1 Like

Please consider my request regarding the fact that due to the way we work we need to add content also after level 6. We want to be possible to create subtasks deeper than six levels.
Thank you!

Thank you so much for your feedback @Zaharia_Georgiana and welcome to the Forum :blush:

We already have a thread on this topic, so I have gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to consolidate feedback! Feel free to add your vote on the main thread by clicking on “Vote” at the very top of your this thread!

Happy Monday!