Extremely slow user interface

When the project has more than 500 tasks, dragging the task up and down becomes very difficult. Dragging can take a few seconds - it’s impossible to work. If the computer is very powerful, then the task drags faster, but still slow and inconvenient.
1000 tasks - this is not 100k tasks, everything should work very quickly.

Hi @DmitryTyurev! Marie here from Asana. Thank you so much for your feedback! I believe these issues are very variable depending on your computer robustness as well as the quality of your internet connexion. That said, our Team, constantly work on improving performances (if you’re interested, I would recommend you checking out this post dedicated to performances from our Blog Asana Performance: What to Expect in 2017 and Beyond).

In the meantime, I would recommend you to break up your biggest projects in smaller “sub-project” to avoid loading issues or slow drag and drop! Sorting out projects by due dates (or other filters), might be causing this type of issue too, especially if your project contains a lot of tasks, so you might want to keep this in mind when creating your project.

My apologies that I can’t be of a greater assistance here, but rest ensured that performances remain one of our top priority!

Have a great day!

1 Like

it would be nice if there was a page that showed the performance characteristics of ASANA. That way if it was “all green” we would know that it might be an issue on “our side of the house” versus Asana’s.

I have a great 300Mb internet connection at home. Everything looks great to me, but yet the Asana App is slow when I move between projects.

1 Like

This is a constant problem. Even working in a small project (less than 150 tasks) the interface can be slow to load, screen doesn’t reload after deleting a task and must manually be refreshed, and dragging and moving a task on the calendar is glitchy. Is there a preferred Asana browser that might fix some of these issues? I know my internet connection isn’t slow so I would love to hear other workarounds for dealing with this.

Still an issue. I’m going to need to cancel.

The ASANA interface is so slow. I have great internet and have attempted Safari, Chrome and Firefox. Does anyone know if this is being worked on?

3 Likes

Hi @Aurora_Valenzuela and sorry to hear you’re running into trouble. Are you using a firewall or anti-virus? Also have you tested your WebSocket? (Asana supported browsers and troubleshooting steps | Product guide • Asana Product Guide)

Everyone is having this issue. All I’m asking is if you guys have plans to fix?

1 Like

I am also having this issue. Its terrible using Asana these days. I have 30MBps with 4 MBps upload and I cant load Asana. Facebook loads faster and I can even stream Netflix in 4k, but Asana is a special case

1 Like

Thanks for following up @Aurora_Valenzuela and again my apologies for the inconvenience. Before we can fix an issue we need to identify it and understand what is triggering it, which is why I asked you specific questions in my previous reply. Could you kindly get back to me on these, so we can investigate this further? Many thanks!

Welcome to the Community Forum @Paul_Kevin and sorry to hear you’re running into trouble. In order to isolate the issue, could you please:

I look forward to your reply!

Hello,

No firewall and no antivirus (windows defender from day one, nothing new added). Websocket result : WebSocket connection: Success (1690 ms)

Issue is Asana, something changed and I always get slow page loads

1 Like

In this case I would recommend reaching our directly to our support team who will be able to take a look at your account in our system and see what bug/performance issues you’ve run in recently. To reach out to our support team, simply follow this path: Asana Support - Help Center • Asana > I’m having trouble with > Scroll down and click on “Let’s chat”.

My apologies I can’t be a greater help @Paul_Kevin but your issue deeper troubleshooting, our support team will be in a better position to help you!

Marie hi,
my chrome is CRAZY slow with Asana interface.
it has always worked well. I don’t have any new extensions. other sites work great.
something seems broken on Asana’s site.
pls advise.

1 Like

Thanks for reaching out @Ido_Sher_Sever. I would recommend reaching out directly to our support team who will be able to look deeper into this for you. You can reach out to them following these steps.

If there is anything else I can help with, let me know :slight_smile:

Something is funky. Our users on various networks are reporting slow response in typing descriptions, task names, scrolling projects, etc. Chrome 69-71 even in incognito mode with no addins. We’re working with support that says it’s gone up to engineering.

Are you still having issues in Chrome? We are too!

Our entire team is giving complaints about working in Asana. Speed is terribly slow. Working from the inbox is OK. But if your center pane has many tasks (either lots of My Tasks or a large Project) then the entire system slows down to a halt. It’s hard to type, drag tasks around, or edit.

Something is funky and I’m surprised more users aren’t saying much. Maybe because it’s the holidays and many are on vacation?

We’ve opened a support ticket 2 weeks ago, but not much has changed. I’m wondering if others are seeing anything similar?

I’m not sure if this is a Chrome issue or an Asana issue more broadly in managing loading of large data.

1 Like

Asana is painfully slow, I’ve got a project with NINE tasks in it. I click off to another window to copy from wordpress, when I click back to Asana it’s taking over 1 minute just to return me to the text. Then if I’ve clicked more than once (in total frustration) it can take 2+minutes to catch up to me… yet I can flip between WordPress and 5 other websites to do other tasks while I’m waiting for Asana to catch up and no latency at all between them…

I agree with Ray_Aragon… is there a performance checklist? I can run XD and 10 different Chrome tabs in 4 different windows, swap between them moving content around and doing other tasks and no latency yet the minute I bring Asana up even with everything else closed I want to punch the screen.

Asana diagnostics

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.90 Safari/537.36

WebSocket connection: Success (between 530 ms and 851 ms depending on speed of refresh)

Hi @don2 and welcome to the Forum!

My sincere apologies for the trouble here, let’s see if we can find a solution to this problem together.

1. Could you please try to log into your Asana account from another browser and let me know if you’re having the same issue? (this will help us isolate the issue and understand if the problem is specific to Chrome, and browser related, or if it is caused by something else!)

2. Could you also log in from a Chrome Incognito window and confirm if the problem persists there too? (the goal of this test is to check if an extension installed on your browser in disturbing your connection to Asana)

These two tests should help us understand what is the origin of the slowness you’re experiencing (or at least help us exclude some options!).

Looking forward to your reply :slight_smile: