External seat charges

If I add an external user to a team or project, will I be charged for that user?

Also, if that user is already an Asana user within their own company, will I be charged for that user or are they considered a “paid seat” already?

Hi @Ryan_Ovens! I’m happy to provide you with some general information, but I would recommend reaching out directly to our support team (Asana Support - Help Center • Asana) to get a more precise/tailored answer; who you’re getting charged for mostly depend on your set up (Org/ Workspace - Premium Org/Premium Team plan).

Generally speaking Guest Members can be added for free while you while you will be charged for Limited Access Members.

One thing to bear in mind is that Premium plans apply to spaces (Organization/Workspace) as opposed to users. So if you external users already use Asana and have a premium plan with their own company, it won’t give them access to premium features in your Workspace/Organization.

Hope this helps to clear things up! But again, for a more precise answer feel free to reach out to our support team who will be able to take a look at your account and advise you with the best options.

Have a great day!

1 Like