We (25 people) are heavy Asana users and track time on tasks and projects via the TimeCamp integration.
We are thinking about stopping TimeCamp and writing time within Asana by creating a custom field for ‘spent time’.
The timecamp and other time tracking applications seem to have issues and, they all are not perfect. Furthermore, we might want to simplify things.
I am figuring out if this is a good idea or not. I have created the list of pro’s and con’s below, but am curious about the experience and ideas of others!
- No integration needed, everything logged in Asana
- Less costs by stopping our current time tracking application
- Create time reports within Asana
- Having estimated and spent time within one task which you can use for analysis
- No time tracking that you can start or stop, so less accurate time writing
- Asana is not built for time tracking, so chances are we run into limitations. E.g. holiday-, sick registration etc. is possible by creating a task but might be less advanced.
PS I am not looking for a TimeCamp alternative
I know there are many Timecamp alternatives that integrate with Asana. Also, I have read all posts with the tag time-tracking here: https://forum.asana.com/search?expanded=true&q=tags%3Atime-tracking.