Error When Opening MS Outlook Email Attachments

After attaching Microsoft Outlook emails to tasks, when I try to open those emails later, I get the error: “The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using.” I am on Office 365 Outlook, Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit (PC), Firefox. Any advice is appreciated.

Hi @anon11768741, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

I’m sorry to hear that you’re running into trouble here. Could you please confirm if you’re using the Asana for Outlook Add-on or if you’re emailing tasks directly to Asana?

It would also be helpful if you could try the troubleshooting steps below and let me know if any of these resolve the issue:

Looking forward to hearing back from you! :slight_smile:

Hi Rebecca - thank you for responding. ’

What I’m actually doing is attaching Outlook messages to Asana tasks as .msg files, then trying to open them later using Outlook. That is when I get this error.

Since my original post, I have worked with your support team, who determined that the issue is on the Microsoft side. I’m not entirely convinced of that, because we were able to get the function to work successfully using Chrome (rather than Firefox, which is what I normally use), which makes me think the issue involves how Asana works with Firefox.

Candidly speaking, I have neither the bandwidth nor interest to pursue a solution any further. I’ll do a workaround instead. I just hope I’ve raised awareness of the issue and it will be fixed at some point.

Have a good weekend,
Noah

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.