Employee removed was Owner of Private Project, everyone else was comment only

We had a staff member leave our organization. So naturally we removed that person from Asana, creating the “Tasks from xxx” Project.

The former staff member was the owner of a private project and the 3 other team members were listed as comment only. So what we are experiencing now, is we have a private project with no owner and nobody has the permission to set an owner because they are comment only.

Any ideas on how we could make one of them owner?

The only work around thought I had was to duplicate the project with a new owner. I think that will work - but it would be nice if there was an Admin report showing any and all projects that don’t have an owner and allow Admins to assign a new owner to that project, so the team can continue normally.

Hi @Scot_Powers :wave:t3:

No problem at all, our support team should be able to manually give edit right on this project! You can reach out to them following these steps: https://forum.asana.com/t/how-do-i-contact-support/19057/7?u=marie.

Hope this helps but please let me know if there is anything else I can help with :slight_smile:

1 Like