Embedding Asana forms

Can’t wait for this feature to come out!

Asana please support us with this!

Come on, 3 years and no response to what is clearly a major sticking point. Monday.com allows embed and will be moving our business there if this isn’t sorted. Such a basic requirement for forms to be useful.

1 Like

Well it’s been 3 years is this an option yet?

2 Likes

Anything?

Hi, I know this was covered in a previous forum post, but I just wanna see if there are any other Asana users who wish Forms could come with embed codes. I’m currently building an internal microsite for company’s department and would love to embed a project request Asana form directly onto the Sharepoint page. I tried to go around this problem by putting the form into an iFrame, but Asana doesn’t like that. If I was able to embed the form directly onto thee page, instead of linking out to it, UX would see an improvement.

Yes! This would be amazing. We use Sharepoint as a microsite as an internal creative services hub for our company. From the site, individuals from the company can access creative request forms, assets, SOPs, etc
 Currently we are using Microsoft Forms for the creative requests and then use Microsoft Flow to have the forms automatically added to our Submission project in Asana. I would love to find a way to ditch Microsoft Forms and just be able to embed the the Asana forms. Since we are not yet on the Business plan, this feature would help me sell that upgrade.

3 Likes

have ASANA got anywhere with embedding a form? im a production co ordiantor wanting to utilise Forms for the Creative requests that come in and having it embedded would be an incredible bonus for ease of use

2 Likes

Agreed. Being able to embed forms is a major need for our team to direct project requests through our internal Wiki. By limiting the ability to submit projects to only be through Asana leaves teams vulnerable to stakeholders bypassing the form and simply adding tasks to our timelines. Embedded forms would help distinguish between he the process of project requesting vs project managing.

@Andrea_Mayer Any updates on this feature request? This is also essential for my org as not everyone has an Asana account so we keep the link accessible to anyone, but we’re worried about internal employees sharing the link externally. Having an embeddable form would solve this as we can embed the form in an internal-only site. Thanks!

Hello @PolarBear welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

Since Asana does not have a private roadmap I cannot tell if and when this will be implemented.
However I recommend reading through this thread to find out how Asana is listening to all the feedback being shared: How we’re listening to your product feedback

The problem with the way Asana is listening to product feedback is that it’s usually the people running the business or tech people who are Asana Admins who would be asking for this embedding feature.

That’s only one person in a business who will tick the vote button for this feature because it’s a business requirement to collect information from their external website and add it to their Asana projects.

Asana aren’t properly capturing how beneficial this feature is for an entire organisation, some organisations would be very unhappy sending their customers to another website to fill in a form as it looks unprofessional. This increases the workload on their staff and means the company has to pay other organisations to come up with another method of data collection that does look professional.

Looking at the threads, people have been requesting the ability to embed an Asana form into their company website since 2019 and Asana still isn’t actually listening or interested in how the current method isn’t good for all businesses.

If this isn’t already in the Asana roadmap, it needs to get into it as it’s just really showing that Asana haven’t been listening to their customers all this time.

4 Likes

I couldn’t agree more - this and quite a few other key features.

2 Likes

This is open since 2019 - seriously? It’s a basic feature. Please, pretty please.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Additional features for forms

There is hope people!

1 Like

Hi all,

We’re excited to announce that starting June 17 you’ll be able to embed Asana forms on both internal and public websites :tada: Simply copy the code snippet provided with your form and paste it to your site to see the form embedded.

15 Likes

Brilliant news!

1 Like

Awesome news! Thanks so much for hearing our concerns, this feature will be great :smiley:

Great news!!