Email to specific task on Asana

Or if you use G Suite.

Iā€™ve seen the same behavior from Asana on other time-saving and essential features like thisā€¦ this isnā€™t the first very long thread on a basic but essential feature for regular paid users (another example is more reliable zapier integration, currently broken in the selection of a project and has been for over a year).

It seems the Asana team prefers to spend all resources on adding fancy new things that they can market, rather than focused on keeping their existing customers happy (Iā€™ve subscribed my team for my small business for 4+ years - about as long as this request has been hanging out there unanswered).

Yet the one thing I know about marketing is that itā€™s easier to keep an existing customer happy, than it is to recruit a new one.

And these are not ā€œBIGā€ asks - allowing customers to email into a specific task, or fixing your broken zapier integration - things like that would be a small blip of developer time in the scheme of things.

Anyway, I have encountered this kind of situation with Asana ignoring its customers enough times that I will be moving away from it eventually, I just donā€™t have time for all the migration headaches right now. And if they were to fix these things, I would even consider sticking with them and moving to their next higher level plan and paying them (a LOT) more money.

But they donā€™t seem to careā€¦ so here we are.

3 Likes

Read the whole thread, and I also wonder where Asana is with this issue? It would make a HUGE positive difference in our workflow. Please add this feature!!!

+1 vote to get this option

2 Likes

+1 Would really appreciate this.

+1 to this feature. Lots of helpful context in emails and we would love the ability to post it as a comment in Asana. Asana creates a snapshot of the email when you create a task out of the email using the gmail add-on. Why canā€™t you send the email as a snapshot to a task comment?

I had already voted for this feature some time ago, however I have been finding more and more use cases for it over the last couple of weeks.
Fingers crossed we can get this one up and running soon :crossed_fingers:

Is Sendana still in business? Your website is not working.

marcia.minton@gmail.com

Any updates on this. Why doesnā€™t asana have this feature yet!?

1 Like

Hitting the 2022 time-mark.

Itā€™s 2022, and since the original request in 2017 this seems not to have been implemented yet.
Perhaps not enough voters for this request? Then I encourage anyone reading and not voted, to do so.

@Terri_Burden , whatā€™s the status on this highly appreciated feature request?

2 Likes

This would be a super useful feature and I am sure would add extra clients. Im not sure why its not possible, its a standard feature on Monday.com and its clearly stood the test of time as far as requests go. Any update if we can expect this ever.

1 Like

Loved this on trello. Cannot believe this isnā€™t in asana, especially since the capability seems to be there, and itā€™s been requested and rerequested so many times and for so long.

Just another comment to say please implement this.

The work around that I am currently using is that I forward emails related to a task to the projectā€™s email address (which I have saved in my contacts in an easy to search for name), then I immediately go into Asana and change that task to be a subtask of the task itā€™s related to. Itā€™s several steps, but worth it when thereā€™s attachments and hyperlinks in the email. If the email is simple text, I can copy and paste it as a comment without ever leaving my gmail.

A great feature to add to Asana. Please open up the task-specific email address at least so we could send emails to the task. I could live without attachments loading into the task but that would be awesome too!

This would be great feature. Look forward to it.

Anurag

1 Like

We so need this, I use JIRA and the business wants to use Asana.
I am use to cc a task by putting the JIRA task number in the subject of the email
And if anyone replies to that email such as external parties it will update the JIRA ticket

The work around with Asana is that I need to go to every sent email and then every email that is replied to and then click the asana plugin, find the task, the click the plus icon then add the comment to the task, then reply to the email with the external party, and then go to my sent items and then find the email and repeat the process again

This should be possible.

This worked, thanks! There is a link at the bottom of the email that says, ā€œReply directly to this email to comment, and CC teammates to add them as collaborators.ā€