Email to Existing Conversation

We have been using Asana for a while now and we love it! I have been trying to look into helping my team members automate a few things. We are trying to see a way that we can email a client via an email client, but also have that email go into the project’s conversation. I know that we can use the email link at the bottom of a conversation in the project to have the email start a new conversation, but I have been looking to see if there was a way that any email that is sent out, that we CC the project’s email address on and clients responses are added to a single conversation in the project. On the test that I have ran, any emails that are sent to the project’s email address are added as new conversation even a reply.

Is there a way to have all emails that are sent or received added to the same conversation in a project?

Also, is there a way that an email signature or anything below the sig is not be added to the conversation, so the entire email history/chain is not added each time to the conversation?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi @GREG_TESTING_ACT and thank you so much for reaching out. :smiley:

To add a comment to an existing conversation by email, you just need to respond to the email notification received regarding your Project’s Conversation.

In respect to the email signature, it is currently no possible to discard the signature when sending a comment by email unless is manually removed. Sorry for not being able to provide you with a better workaround.

Please, let me know if there is anything else I can help you with! Have a great Monday!

Thanks! But how would we email a client that is not part of the original notification and allow them to respond back which would be auto added to the project’s conversion?

When I use the email address at the bottom of the conversation window no matter if it’s a reply or new email it always creates a new conversation.

Thanks,

Greg

Hi @GREG_TESTING_ACT

You are correct here, every time you use the email address at the bottom of the conversation window, you will create a new conversation. To email a comment to an existing conversation, you just need to reply to email notification received by Asana (see screenshot attached).

As it stands, unless your client is a member of the Project, he won’t be able to email a comment to the Project’s conversation nor create a new one.

You can read more about Project Conversations in these handy articles:

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any follow-up question!