Email rule for upcoming task.

Hello,

I would like to know if its possible to create a rule to send email reminders to an employee if the task given to him/her is approaching due date/time. For example, Task X is due on 25th of month and has been given to person A (created as drop down item). Can a rule be created to send reminder email to A on 24th, with a pre-set template?

On the same note, is it possible to send email to person B whose task was been done by person A (described above) that their job/task/project has been completed, as to give them an update? Can a rule/workflow do that?

Thank you

Hi @Vaibhav_Kapuria, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

While it’s not possible to create Rules to email another user, it is possible to set up a Rule to comment on a task when the due date is approaching! If this user has their email notifications turned on, they will receive an email about the comment :slight_smile:

I hope this helps!

1 Like

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Hi @Vaibhav_Kapuria,

FYI you might want to take a look at our Flowsana integration; it has a rule that can send an email notification based on a date condition. The email can’t be customized, but it will reminder them they have a due task coming up. This is an example of what creating that type of rule would look like:

2 Likes

Thank you very much. This sounds good to me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.