Email Notifications and Pop Up Notifcations are NOT working

Email notifications and pop up notifications do not work. I receive a weekly and daily report but time / date deadlines do not get sent anywhere. They just sit there so when a deadline is missed there is no reminder. What is the point of the feature if it doesnt work at all?

All of my notifications are turned on but the notifications do not appear to be working. Is there a work around for this?

Blockquote This would lead me and my team to find another product as this is an entry level requirement for my team to use ANY task management / PM tool. If this feature doesn’t work then I would ask if someone could please let me know so I can look elsewhere for another tool.
Blockquote

Thank you in advance.

Hi @Daniel_Aguilar

I don’t use Email Notifications but I do use the mobile notifications and they do work as long as everything is set correctly.

A couple of suggestions;

• If you have a Huawei phone you will need to keep a close eye on the battery settings as they often disabled notifications from Asana and other Apps.
  • Time notifications don’t work. So if you have set a task with a due date and time you will be notified on the date but not at the time.
  • There is a Hack that switches off notifications for Inbox for tasks Due Today make sure that isn’t enabled.
  • If all of the above is set correctly then, Any Tasks that is due today and is visible in the Today Section of My Tasks, should be listed in your inbox.
  • If those are in Place then you should receive the notification on your mobile.
  • You will also receive notifications when people comment on or complete a task you follow.
  • When a task is moved between coloums in a board project

Hope this helps.

Jason.

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum @Daniel_Aguilar and thank you so much for reaching out! :wave:

Adding to what @Jason_Woods has very well explained, if you receive your Daily Summary email, you should see an update of the tasks that are due soon (due within the next 5 days). As Jason explained, you will be notified on the task due date but the due time will not be specified.

Please note that overdue tasks will not appear in Daily Summary emails.

You can learn more about Email notifications in this handy guide article: Email notifications | Product guide • Asana

I hope this helps Daniel. Please let me know if you have any follow-up question!

@Natalia I haven’t received a Daily Summary the last two days. I’ve checked my notification settings and they haven’t changed.

Sorry for the late reply @Alex_Githatu

I believe the reason why you haven’t received the Daily Summary is because they are sent during weekdays only. Can you please confirm that you have received it yesterday and today?

Looking forward to your reply!

P.S.: We already have a thread regarding this topic in the Forum: Allow Daily Summary to be sent during weekend too - #2 by Marie. Feel free to add your vote and comment to it.

Hi @Natalia

You’re right. I got both yesterday’s and today’s email. It really should include weekends as well as tasks are scheduled on those days as well.

1 Like