My entire workspace is reporting a new behavior with the links to Projects in email notifications. When clicking on any link to the task or the project in the email, the redirect opens a tab to the user’s Home section of Asana. This is a new development/bug in the last week or two. The first report from a team member was from this week, but then another chimed in that it had happened to them closer to 8/1. Anyone else having this issue?
Hi @Charles_Haynie and thank you so much for taking time to report this.
I can’t seem to be able to reproduce the issue on my end, but I’ve gone ahead and raised this issue with our Development Team; I’ll be in touch as soon as I have an update!
I haven’t been able to get a good video capture, but it is still happening. Is it possibly an issue with antivirus or some protection software passing along the link info? Or maybe a permissions issue?
Our Development Team is still investigating this issue so I can’t tell you exactly what could be happening but any extra information would be very helpful. I have a few follow-up question:
- Is this happening in all email notifications (Daily Summary, Activity Updates, Weekly Reports)
- Is this affecting all links or the ones redirecting to a Specific Project/Task?
- Which email service are you using?
Thank you very much for your cooperation!
So after more testing here, we found the problem. Our IT team had installed a junk filter tool which was adding an additional bit to the link so it could protect against malicious links in our emails. To troubleshoot and locate the issue, I went back to older links to see if they still worked correctly. The old links still connected correctly, so I compared the link address from the old and new links. In the new links you could see they began with a blah.blah.sonicwall.other type of addition that was missing in the old links which were all beginning with app.asana. IT updated the “safe” list in the protection program with asana URLs and we are back to working. Hopefully this explanation helps if someone else discovers this issue. Thanks!
And to answer your questions above:
It was happening to all notifications.
Any links to a task were affected, it didn’t matter if it was personal or shared.
We are using Microsoft Outlook for our email service.
Hey @Charles_Haynie and thank you so much for letting us know and for this detailed report! It is very helpful!
I’m happy to know that you were able to solve this issue on your end. I’m going to share your report with our Development Team for them to know.
I’m moving this thread to the #tipsandtricks category to help other users in case they are running into this same issue!
Have a great Thursday!
Great - happy to share!