Email import to Asana

We still have to use email when dealing with folks external to our organization. Luckily, Asana has built that great feature where you can forward emails as tasks simply by sending to x@mail.asana.com. This has been immensely helpful, and we’re very grateful.

However, one trouble that we have is that we often have to clean up a lot of the text when we import it. Is there a sleeker way to do it? What would be super cool is if Asana was able to recognize a string of conversations, strip excess HTML, and organize those individual messages as comments so that everything is nicely in order like in a typical Asana task.

@Austin_J_Holgard There is an add-in for gmail at this post. Turn emails into tasks with Asana for Gmail

And I have developed Sendana for Outlook for Windows Users. Outlook To Asana - Sendana - #94

The unnecessary text can be deleted before you create the task with these two add-ins.
I have yet to find a way for the unnecessary text or signature images to be deleted other than manually. We did add recently to Sendana that the full box description opens up when you insert the email allowing much easier editing…

Thank you!

I can highly recommend www.dossier.work.

It is an add-on to Asana that automatically creates tasks from your emails, puts them into the correct project, and lets you reply to customers directly from the Asana task it has created.

Our entire work process would be nullified without it. Asana’s default mail notifications are just so ugly, and before Dossier customers would frequently just email me personally (CEO) when they needed help, totally not scalable. Today, with Dossier, even if they email me and I’m away, the team members responsible for that customer will get the email (since the Asana task is added to the correct projekt), and reply directly to the customer, effectively turning Asana into a hybrid project management and support system, something we desperately needed but which I could not find anywhere else.

Talk to vik@dossier.work - fantastic company to work with and I can totally recommend them if you’re also (like I was) fed up with how Asana handles email.

4 Likes